Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all please just take a step back and stop expecting that Pritchard will be the solution to all of our problems? If promising youth players were always such a sure thing, we'd have had a lot more home grown players in the team.

Pritchard looks promising, yes. But he hasn't played in the Premiership yet and he definitely doesn't need the pressure of being looked at as our next Harry Kane dumped upon his shoulders. I'm sure he will get game time, but I'm also sure a lot of it will be in the cups and from the bench. Until then I think people are quite right to suggest signing a new attacking midfield player without having "We don't need them, Pritchard is coming back" thrown in their face.

I don't see many people claiming that he is the answer to all our problems, merely that he has had a good loan, has looked impressive for England and would add something different to our attacking options without us spending a shit load of cash.

Just some anti Tottenham shit - why do they not write this for every transfer?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/06/3...-tottenham-be-set-for-a-huge-embarrassment-o/
It's just bullshit - they wouldn't do the poster and the picture of Levy and their guy, have both clubs announce it, and then have the medical. HITC were caught short on the story, and this is their attempt to save face.

It doesn't even matter. If they've payed for, signed and closed the deal without doing a medical, that's their problem.

I don't see many people claiming that he is the answer to all our problems, merely that he has had a good loan, has looked impressive for England and would add something different to our attacking options without us spending a shit load of cash.

There has been a lot of people suggesting that we don't need to imrpove on our wide positions because we have Pritchard coming back. All I'm saying is that people need to lower their exectations for him as there is a high chance that he won't even hit Andros Townsend levels.

I'm not saying everyone thinks this, and I'm not saying everyone thinks a good wide player isn't a priority. But despite Chadli's purple patch last year, Erik Lamela is still our most effective wide player, and that is a huge worry considering the majority thinks of him as not good enough for us it seems.

Spurs being linked with Moses, Kono and Redmond is a very good thing as they will provide us with some solid direct options. We have plenty of subtle players, but only one real "GIMME THE BALL SO I CAN RUN" type of player, and he spent half the season at Everton when he really should have been playing for us and giving us something different.

Some even suggested nobody would sign him because Dnipro's owner would straight up murder him if he didn't sign a new contract....

:adelol::bentaleblol::eriksenlol::kaboullol::paulinholol::walker-scream:
Note 'some' only one - and he has plenty of prior history around here

not accepted! kidding.

top player. they basically have swapped mandukic for jackson.
thats an upgrade.
I'd be very surprised if no one makes a move for Llorente this summer - we should be all over that one if the price is right

He's now essentially behind Mandzukic, Dybala and Morata

I'd be very surprised if no one makes a move for Llorente this summer - we should be all over that one if the price is right

Excellent player, very strong and unbeatable in the air. Look at what he did to utd's defense a few years back in the Champions League. Good feet for a big lad, though he is getting on a bit and his lack of pace is growing with each season.

Would go for about 1000 coins on Fifa Ultimate Team though, that lack of pace makes him worthless to kids, but very effective to me....

Apologies - gone FROM Porto to Atletico Madrid

Amazing how one major striker move can set a whole chain of transfers - Dybala > Tevez > Mandzukic > Martinez

Soldado to Porto?

:soldadolol:

hopefully. they already got ibueno who got 1 in 3 at rayo. but u would think they would want someone better to take over from jackson.

i dont think the lion king is mobile enough for poch.
i think his first criteria for new signings is can they run a marathon competitively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom