Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redmond is a poor mans Andros Townsend at best. I can't believe some are entertaining that signing.
:pochfacepalm:

How is that?

Redmond's already had better seasons than Townsend at a younger age. I don't mean this to sound patronising, but have you watched Redmond play? He's much better than Townsend.

How is that?

Redmond's already had better seasons than Townsend at a younger age. I don't mean this to sound patronising, but have you watched Redmond play? He's much better than Townsend.

I've watched Redmond play countless times. I live near Norwich, I'm surrounded by their fans and even they aren't fully convinced by him and want more options on the wing(s).

Redmond has had one season in the Premier League where he scored...once. The team he was playing for got relegated because they didn't create enough or score enough. HE was one of the main attacking players (35 games or something he played). He's a limited winger with a bit of pace. If you're happy with him we would be signing players like Gabriel Obertan ffs!

He's definitely going to score against us now as I've writing him off.

Edit. BTW I'm not a big Townsend fan but he clearly has more about him than Redmond does.

Mediocre at best like Ryan Mason? They can both go on to be great players in the right system. Soldado is mediocre at best for us, at Valencia he was one of the best. It's all down to the right players in the right system. Joe Allen was great for Swansea, Charlie Adam was great for Blackpool. They both move to Liverpool and looked mediocre.

If the manager feels they are the players to improve his squad, then I reckon we should back him and back the players willing to pull on the shirts for us week in and week out.
You've got it completely wrong. Adam and Allen were shit for Liverpool because they're not good enough, not because the system didn't fit them. Allen player in the EXACT same system for Swansea under Rodgers for both teams. He was good for Swansea because they were a mid table team with less quality.

If you people think Moses and Redmond are what we need you all are insane. They're midtsble players at best. Redmond is a right footed copy of Townsend and I don't think Moses is capable of looking up when dribbling. They'll end up on the bench while we wonder why we bought them like stambouli.

I've watched Redmond play countless times. I live near Norwich, I'm surrounded by their fans and even they aren't fully convinced by him and want more options on the wing(s).

Redmond has had one season in the Premier League where he scored...once. The team he was playing for got relegated because they didn't create enough or score enough. HE was one of the main attacking players (35 games or something he played). He's a limited winger with a bit of pace. If you're happy with him we would be signing players like Gabriel Obertan ffs!

He's definitely going to score against us now as I've writing him off.

Edit. BTW I'm not a big Townsend fan but he clearly has more about him than Redmond does.

Redmond was 19 years old, first season in the PL and scored one goal with three assists. Townsend has never scored more than two goals in a season for us...

People are excited to see Pritchard involved in our first team next season, yet we're completely dismissing a 21 year old winger who's got similar stats. If Redmond was a French winger, I bet there would be different reactions to him.

You've got it completely wrong. Adam and Allen were shit for Liverpool because they're not good enough, not because the system didn't fit them. Allen player in the EXACT same system for Swansea under Rodgers for both teams. He was good for Swansea because they were a mid table team with less quality.

If you people think Moses and Redmond are what we need you all are insane. They're midtsble players at best. Redmond is a right footed copy of Townsend and I don't think Moses is capable of looking up when dribbling. They'll end up on the bench while we wonder why we bought them like stambouli.

Because Liverpool have ever played the same type of football as Swansea? Brendan Rogers adapted when he went to Liverpool. And look how fucking well that has worked out for him. Brendan Rogers isn't a manager with a Philosophy, he just uses the philosophy the clubs already have.

If you think a bad player looks good in a bad team then I am actually worried that you might be a little retarded. Bad players look even worse next to other bad players, not better.

Have we signed Victor Moses yet?

Seriously now where is the original article on that? The mirror 5 days ago? I don't see how he fits in our formula unless it's just a money spinner punt we can play in Europe

Things will happen, all at once, still need to ship out so many players too

Redmond was 19 years old, first season in the PL and scored one goal with three assists. Townsend has never scored more than two goals in a season for us...

People are excited to see Pritchard involved in our first team next season, yet we're completely dismissing a 21 year old winger who's got similar stats. If Redmond was a French winger, I bet there would be different reactions to him.

Totally different players. If Pritchard ran the ball into the corner blindly repeatedly before failing to pick out a decent cross then I'd think differently of him. Pritch scored twice as many goals in a weaker team in his first season at that level. I'm willing to wager that if Pritchard plays 35 games for us in the premier league he does better than Redmond did in his first season and would do better than Redmond would this season for Norwich.

This is all before you bring transfer fees into it. Norwich have sorted themselves out financially and would ask for stupid money for the transfer. With out clearly limited budget we can't go spunking it on players like that when we have better already at the club.

Liverpools spending is starting really frustrate me now.

Why? Clyne isn't a huge improvement on Johnson. Milner is a good player, but not going to be setting the world alight there. Bogdan is a bench warmer. Gomez is a bench warmer. Firmino is the only really good aquisition they have made on paper. And that is all subject to how quickly he settles in England.

They spent big last year and it went terribly for them.

Because Liverpool have ever played the same type of football as Swansea? Brendan Rogers adapted when he went to Liverpool. And look how fucking well that has worked out for him. Brendan Rogers isn't a manager with a Philosophy, he just uses the philosophy the clubs already have.

If you think a bad player looks good in a bad team then I am actually worried that you might be a little retarded. Bad players look even worse next to other bad players, not better.
Almost all of Rodgers teams focus on quick passing and possession. They may be a little more direct at Liverpool but they're somewhat similar.

The whole point of the example was tons how joe Allen isn't top 6 quality. He obviously fits what Rodgers wanted and the system he was going to play in but wasn't good enough. Just like what would happen if we bought Moses. That was the whole point of my post in the first place but you made it about Rodgers for some reason.

When did I ever say they were bad players? I didn't. I said they were shit for Liverpool but they're fine players, good but not great. They'll look good in midtable teams and bad anywhere above that.

Idk what the fuck your problem is but don't call me a retard, I fucking hate that word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom