Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't be more under whelmed by Moses and Redmond if I tried. Both mediocre at best. Really hope those rumours are bollocks.

Moses is shit, I'm a fan of Redmond though. Very direct, pacy and technically good player, not many 21 year old players with the amount of first team experience he has. Six goals and thirteen assists last season for Norwich, eight man of the match awards.

QygffNC.png

Last edited:
I couldn't be more under whelmed by Moses and Redmond if I tried. Both mediocre at best. Really hope those rumours are bollocks.

Mediocre at best like Ryan Mason? They can both go on to be great players in the right system. Soldado is mediocre at best for us, at Valencia he was one of the best. It's all down to the right players in the right system. Joe Allen was great for Swansea, Charlie Adam was great for Blackpool. They both move to Liverpool and looked mediocre.

If the manager feels they are the players to improve his squad, then I reckon we should back him and back the players willing to pull on the shirts for us week in and week out.

One of the things that is continuing to confuse me is that the board came out and said we aren't going large on an individual signing so why we continue to be linked to Benteke is baffling. If it was intended as a smoke screen it would be pretty lame.

I've made my peace with the idea that we aren't going to be making marquee signings. I'm just hoping, as TheJockmur TheJockmur says, they are players who fit a system, and excel as a team as oppose to individually.

It has to be better to see players being bought that suit what Poch is after, someone like Llorente, who I really like, doesn't strike me as that kind of player.

Moses is shit, I'm a fan of Redmond though. Very direct, pacy and technically good player, not many 21 year old players with the amount of first team experience he has. Six goals and thirteen assists last season for Norwich, eight man of the match awards.

QygffNC.png
Yes it feels like he's been around for ages. I appreciate he's skillul and quick but i want someone with more than 1 assist in a good championship season to play for us.

Edit: is that 13 or 1 assists? 13 is decent if so.

i dont think the lion king is mobile enough for poch.
i think his first criteria for new signings is can they run a marathon competitively?
That's a hoax perpetuated by certain fans on here - I believe we need a balance of both pace and strength

Yes it feels like he's been around for ages. I appreciate he's skillul and quick but i want someone with more than 1 assist in a good championship season to play for us.

Edit: is that 13 or 1 assists?

Pretty sure it is 13 assists. And 13 assists for a 21 year old player is good going. Consider the highest assist tally Lennon has ever had is 7 assists and 4 goals.

Mediocre at best like Ryan Mason? They can both go on to be great players in the right system. Soldado is mediocre at best for us, at Valencia he was one of the best. It's all down to the right players in the right system. Joe Allen was great for Swansea, Charlie Adam was great for Blackpool. They both move to Liverpool and looked mediocre.

If the manager feels they are the players to improve his squad, then I reckon we should back him and back the players willing to pull on the shirts for us week in and week out.
Look of course Poch and his scouts have a better idea of who will succeed than me. But they both struck me as average players that stand out in fairly poor teams- Moses did at Wigan- just like your Charlie Adam example.

Look of course Poch and his scouts have a better idea of who will succeed than me. But they both struck me as average players that stand out in fairly poor teams- Moses did at Wigan- just like your Charlie Adam example.

Works the other way too. Daniel Sturridge looked fairly average for both City and Chelsea.

True. I'm more encouraged than I was five minutes ago, thank you. But I still.hope we don't sign Moses!!

Then we will need to agree to disagree. I'm indifferent on the Moses move as things stand. But if Poch and Mitchell think he is a player with the ability to win us points, then I'm quite happy to back their judgement. All I know is he is quick and direct. He could work out well for us as a super sub as he can play LW, RW and ST as well. A super sub which we currently lack.

Victor Moses is trash. In six Premier League seasons he's only scored more than three goals once. Has 11 assists in 147 appearances and a career average of 1 key pass a game. Under 1 tackle and well under 1 interception per game for his career.

Plus, just watch the fucking guy play football. He's not good whatsoever.

True. I'm more encouraged than I was five minutes ago, thank you. But I still.hope we don't sign Moses!!

Yeah it's 13 assists and six goals, which if you compare to Pritchard's tally of 12 goals and 7 assists, makes for an almost similar viewing, bare in mind the difference in their playing positions.

The important part is though is that there's definitely potential for him to grow even more and he comes off as someone with the desire and hunger to not rest on his laurels which leads us to Moses.

Moses would have been good had we got him from Crystal Palace, unfortunately he's fallen victim to what happens to a lot of young players in that a big move comes too soon. He was lazy at Stoke and very much not a player for the pressing/high intensity game we hear Pochettino prefers.

Then we will need to agree to disagree. I'm indifferent on the Moses move as things stand. But if Poch and Mitchell think he is a player with the ability to win us points, then I'm quite happy to back their judgement. All I know is he is quick and direct. He could work out well for us as a super sub as he can play LW, RW and ST as well. A super sub which we currently lack.
Fair enough. But we're sharing opinions, so regardless of what the management think, there's a reason why he's been a bit part player for Liverpool and Stoke these last two seasons.

Moses flatters to deceive, looks good but produces less than he should. Might as well stick with Andros.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom