Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you say about the Saints fans, they certainly know their football:

"Today, 10:18 AM#2924SaintsIRL

icon1.png

Spurs have plenty of centre halves now. Obviously Vertoghen and Tobi will be their starters, they only signed Wimmer, and Dier looks set for a bright future; however the rest of them are likely up for grabs at the right price.

Maybe we should look there for Tobi's replacement.

Kaboul is finished and Fazio is a bit too slow for the EPL but Chriches looked a player when he first signed just had a couple of injuries, I wouldn't say no at the right price."

from a saints fan

could have done much better than Spurs. I really don't understand their appeal other than £££. Their set-up is pretty poor in comparison to Saints and the whole club just feels a bit superficial and "tin-pot".

what the fuck? they are a very weird bunch. I know a Saints fan and he is exactly like this, completely blinded to the world outside Southampton. He kept trotting this line about how Saints have just built this amazing training ground and it makes them a better draw than Spurs. Didn't seem to realise that we have an amazing training ground. odd. Also said their stadium was better. He didn't even back down when I told him ours was 116 years old, still bigger than theirs, and about to be replaced by a stadium that would absolutely blow theirs out of the water. Fucking idiot

Edit, RE that original quote, we don't even pay high wages relative to some. Do your research you fucking south coast bumpkin retard fucks

It's fucking me off, all I'm hearing this morning on radio etc, is people's hearts bleeding for liverpool and the way sterling is treating liverpool.....i dont remember the media being too concerned with us when bale was playing up..in fact they were supporting him....cunts!
Yeah. I don't hear them saying that the kid who is considered the best young talent in Europe needs to be playing on the big stage, needs CL football after one decent season, and is wasting himself at a club who have finished in the top 5 once in 6 seasons.

They mad on Saints Web. :adelol:
On one hand I feel sorry for them about atetico stuffing then around on the payment. On the other they have been nothing but dicks to us since the day we signed potch as our manager so FUCK OFF and realise TA was never Soton player and now he is a spurs player.

just comes across as a lightweight powderpuff player whos not suited at all to this league.
poor decision making. rarely scores. works hard but clumsy defensively & gets caught out of position often. weak on the ball. misses obvious passes. he looks so out of his comfort zone. gets knocked off the ball far too easily.

i think its telling that apart from some biased spurs fans, everyone else thinks he has been average at best.
but hopefully he will be amazing next season. but i very much doubt it. we should be prepared for him being average again.
Don't think he misses obvious passes. That's his strong point. Anyway, next time he plays watch how many times he gets into goal scoring positions inside the box and doesn't get the pass. I would probably agree with most of the points, but if anything, imo, the obvious passes get missed by others.

For all the negativity about Lamela, the boys movement off the ball is second to none. When it comes to good off the ball runs, Lamela and Soldado are two of our best players at making those runs, the biggest problem being that our creativity isn't high enough to make the passes to find those runs.

I saw Kane take a lot of hard chances last year and miss because he didn't notice the glorious position Lamela had picked up. The criticism from Scott and Justin of him just there is a sign of all the things wrong with spending big money on a player.

He comes in for 30 Million, is our best wide player in his second season and yet he is still deemed shit by fans who only use the final figures to sum it up.

In the games where Chadli didn't score, he was fucking anonymous. Wasn't making good tackles, good runs or good crosses. Nothing worked for him when he was off the boil, and this is why we are looking at new wide options.
Basically tried to make the same point about Lamela, before reading this.
He's the one who doesn't get the passes as opposed to the one who doesn't make them.
Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom