Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get better than Lorente - let's be realistic. Him and a young understudy to Kane who can cover out wide - superb business
How's Llorente's workrate compared to Cuntbayor, how about his pace? is he at least faster than Fatsio? Watched him few times over the last 4/5 years and those are possibly the only significant weaknesses I've always noticed.

I like his aerial presence though, that's his biggest strength as well as his positionings. IMV he could be very useful to us against those lower sides like WBA, Sunderland that usually come at WHL to park the bus.

...and the eyes!!!
Fernando-Llorente2.jpg

We haven't been treated to eyes like that since Berba left!
Amen, brother

berba1.jpg

Would like us to go for Javier Hernandez great impact sub, wouldn't expect to start every game and has prem experience.

he said himself he wants a club where he can play, so i doubt he wants to play the 2nd striker

BTW. we have a 2nd striker in oure pocket!!!! his name is........... Nacer Chadli :chadliwtf:

he played many times in holland striker. also poch used him already vs the aussi team as striker

I'm sorry, but have you seen him play lately? He is shite
A foreign player I'm barely aware of, no idea how he did this season but he was good a couple of seasons ago (I think), no premier league experience - he's the answer up front! Buy Buy Buy

Not a fan of Berahino, he showed a bit of form and seemed to believe his own hype after a handful of decent games (a bit like Sterling). Ideally I'd keep Soldado, let Adebayor go and bring in another young striker who can lead the line but be flexible like Kane has shown in terms of tracking back, passing etc.

The trouble is I can't think of anyone, but then I'm not a football scout (or self proclaimed one). I imagine Alderweireld was a target by Paul Mitchell, they must have a few options planned, be interesting to see who we go for.

Just a thought.... I think we all agree that RS will go. Hes not suited and his confidence must be shot. Now ade... Id be more than happy for him to be sold. However..... Him and kane hardly played together all season. Kane 10 ade 9 has the POTENTIAL to be ridiculous. I genuinely believe that the whole 'enthusiasm of our yth players' would rub off on him. On their day, the pair of them have THE LOT. Just saying that wer all desperate to see him go, but cld be eating our words by november.

[formation=4231, Lloris/Vorm, Trippier/ Walker, Alderweireld/Dier, Vertonghen/Wimmer, Rose/ Davies, Mason /Alli /Winks, Bentaleb / Dembele, Lamela / Townsend, Eriksen / Carroll, Chadli / Pritchard, Kane / Llorente / Young fast Striker ]

Hopefully if we do get a young fast striker it'll be a South American gem, have been disappointed since Baldini has been here I thought we would buy more gems from the South American Market[/formation]

And btw i really agree with the chadli second choice striker thing. Whenever hes within the width of the 18yrd box he does naturally what a good no9 would do. Vs benfica away he was an utter menace

[formation=4231, Lloris/Vorm, Trippier/ Walker, Alderweireld/Dier, Vertonghen/Wimmer, Rose/ Davies, Mason /Alli /Winks, Bentaleb / Dembele, Lamela / Townsend, Eriksen / Carroll, Chadli / Pritchard, Kane / Llorente / Young fast Striker ]

Hopefully if we do get a young fast striker it'll be a South American gem, have been disappointed since Baldini has been here I thought we would buy more gems from the South American Market[/formation]
No Fazio ?

Just a thought.... I think we all agree that RS will go. Hes not suited and his confidence must be shot. Now ade... Id be more than happy for him to be sold. However..... Him and kane hardly played together all season. Kane 10 ade 9 has the POTENTIAL to be ridiculous. I genuinely believe that the whole 'enthusiasm of our yth players' would rub off on him. On their day, the pair of them have THE LOT. Just saying that wer all desperate to see him go, but cld be eating our words by november.
How many chances do we give him though? If we knew we'd get 100% commitment from him for training and match days we wouldn't let him go, he's still got the ability but the attitude is questionable at the least. I'd rather keep Soldado who at least makes the effort when he's on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom