Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw someone comment on Reddit about the supposed Benteke transfer and now it has my interest. If Benteke goes, does that then help clear the way for Timmy to try and bring in Ade?

That's typically how these things work. They will use the freed up wage budget and the transfer money to buy adebayor and possibly townsend as well.

When did we sign Joey Essex:
9WQNyAD.png

Judging by how awesome Benteke was against us, i think there's a superb player in there. I just worry about how well he will cope with the stress. He's a very timid, nice guy and in top level football that's not a gift.
When has Benteke ever been awesome against us? I can't remember. He has scored once against us, the last game, and I think he's only played 3 times against us(?), and got sent off one of them.
Can't remember him doing much else in these games either
We beat them 4-0 and 2-1 n the EPL, when he was playing. He didn't score that goal either.
I think to say he was awesome against us is a bit of an exagerration.

If Liverpool really do buy Benteke for £32.5m, it just confirms how crazy the market has become, with the top 4 desperately one-upping one another, overspending on transfers that get plastered all over the papers and twitter.

Yet I am glad to not be a fan of those clubs. Surely the whole thing becomes rather sickening after a while - and establishes itself as the 'norm' rather than something particularly 'brave' or exciting. A Man City supporting friend of mine (lifelong, not plastic, I hasten to add) wanted nothing to do with Sterling. Particularly not for that fee or those wages.

For sure, if there's a great prospect that becomes available for £20m - £25m or so, then I hope we take a calculated risk on such a player; but sums like that are starting to appear modest in the current, frenzied climate.

So I'm reminded of Petyr Baelish from Game of Thrones, and that our philosophy (for the time being) may well echo his:

We have to be smarter, shrewder than the rest of our competition. From the looks of how we've been operating this transfer window (and the habit of Liverpool, City, and Man U to apparently buy the most obvious, unimaginative signings possible) we're clearly trying to do so.

When has Benteke ever been awesome against us? I can't remember. He has scored once against us, the last game, and nd I think he's only played 3 times against us, and got sent off once. Can't remember him doing much else in these games either
We beat them 4-0 and 2-1 n the EPL, when he was playing. He didn't score that goal either.
If I remember correctly the first game against them last season he scored and hit the bar against us. One of his first games back I think. Looked like scoring a few that day. I think Kane scored the deflected free kick to win in the end.

When has Benteke ever been awesome against us? I can't remember. He has scored once against us, the last game, and I think he's only played 3 times against us(?), and got sent off one of them.
Can't remember him doing much else in these games either
He bullied our team the whole time when we played them at home this season, a constant threat and nuisance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom