Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, our priorities now need to be a new CM, a back up striker (Or a left winger who is also capable of playing up top. I rate Lamela higher than I do Chadli, nothing personal. Hate away.) and then replacing players who are sold with either youth players or young players from other teams.

Would love to see us gun hard for Munir from Barca. I know he could be shit. But he is very highly rated, and from a good pedigree. Plus, he's never getting in that front three. :paulinholol:

Tottenham Hotspur: Everton midfielder James McCarthy is 'not for sale' this summer
£20m is the figure the Manchester Evening News believe the player to be worth, although Martinez is defiant that Everton do not need to offload the player in order to improve their finances.

"He's not for sale," the Spaniard, whose side progressed to the final of the Barclays Asia Trophy yesterday (15 July) following a penalty shootout victory over Stoke City in Singapore, was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

"My responsibility is to bring competition into the squad and we have strong competition for places. We don't want to lose that. We're not in a position where we have to sell to balance the books and we want to create a winning team.

"James McCarthy is a top performer. He has shown that over recent years. We know what he brings with young legs and good energy. He's a vital part of our squad."
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...r-james-mccarthy-not-sale-this-summer-1511156

They are paying that much because
1) they can
2) he's home grown

last season they had Boyata, Wright, Sinclair, Milner, Lampard, Hart, Guidetti and Clichy as HG
Lampard, Milner, Boyata and Guidetti have gone.

The leaching agents love the Oligarch, UAE and Qatari owned clubs. Lots of money to be made. Blame them for fucking things up.
That Muzzi Ozcan published a periscope of him in a hamburg supercar dealership ( looked like Luxury Cars Hamburg to me) Filmed himself walking about looking at Maserati's, Lambo's Ferraris and Porsches and said, ' just completed a successful transfer and wondering which car to buy with my percentage' I paraphrase.
Video was called 'which car.." he seems to have deleted it now. Probably asked, politely, to by his employers. But it was there:

Muzzi Ozcan on Twitter: "LIVE on #Periscope: Which car ...

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan/status/620915179317010432

I was going to post it yesterday as I could not believe the arrogance of it.
Probably wasn't blowing the whole lump either. Just shows you where the vast majority of the money is going.

Looks like he did a one year access to Law course at community college, attended Wales Uni in from 2009 - 2012.
Left with a Bsc, in International Politics and Intelligence and immediately became a player adviser/consultant/agent in August of that year. Then in November of the same year he walked straight into another job, security advisor to the English FA?
Makes me think I picked the wrong subject/profession
:pochfacepalm:

and then one of them ends up on the bench. Shit if we want a bench warmer we got one :soldadolol:
What then happens when kane has a poor season, gets a bad injury , takes Ades mutiny classes, discovers he's allergic to grass and football's etc?

Pace is all well and good but its pointless when your tactics dont seem to include moving the ball forward at pace but instead making 100 passes in front of the oppositions defence.

You must be watching the matches a completely different way than I am. And all articles that includes stats, I've seen doesn't tell a story of us passing too much. To the contrary actually. The only way, you'll get the ball moving forward more and faster, is looking into hiring Big Sam...

I think any second striker we would bring in would get plenty of game time.

Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League. We can't have one striker playing in all 4 competitions and I think that the fact that Kane ousted Soldado and Adebayor from the team would give any in coming player hope, that as long as he performs when given a chance he will get a game.

Llorente please.

Good footballer, great in the air, great hold up play, lots of experience. Flourished under Bielsa for years so would seemingly fit in well under Pochs regime.

I'd take Llorente if the price is right, but his success is not nailed-on by any means, and he's at that magical age now when people start assuming you're crap even if you're still performing at a high level.

But we shouldn't stop at Llorente and call it a good day.

I'd take Llorente if the price is right, but his success is not nailed-on by any means, and he's at that magical age now when people start assuming you're crap even if you're still performing at a high level.

But we shouldn't stop at Llorente and call it a good day.
well Ronaldo 9 is 30 is he crap? But I bet LLorente is crap at 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom