Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about the headlines they make when they sign, it's the headlines they make when we play them.

Liverpool have been spending on big names, but have also been idiots and let Sterling go.

United are chasing names also with the signing of Schweinsteiger and maybe Ramos.

Look at all the headlines when they signed Falcao. Everyone talking in the press about what a great move that was. Proved to be pretty fucking brilliant, didn't it?

Absolutely. I'm just saying I would rather we went for someone like Mirallas than Moses as a squad player - but Moses is fine for us as a rotation option.

Here's a fun thing...

As soon as Kaboul is sold, we'll surely be on tenterhooks about when the club will announcing our new club captain & vice captains.

There's the diplomatic response of 'let's wait until after the transfer window has closed', but we'll already be a couple of games into the new season by then!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-name-younes-kaboul-new-4266669

Fair enough, we let it drag on until the middle of September last year to confirm Kaboul as captain. Plenty of time to, *ahem* know where Hugo will be.

yeah its just odd how 30 really is kind of that cutoff.
It really varies from player to player. For Zlatan, it's looking like 34-35. For Torres it was 26. For Soldado, 28. For Totti, 50?

But Ronaldo isn't bursting from the wing and creating mayhem like he used to. He's been migrating closer to becoming a traditional striker as that speed fades. This is smart on his part, and many good strikers extend careers this way (ie Alan Shearer), but it's also a sign that time is catching up.

This link keeps on growing. Would be a nice signing, but why would Marseille sell him after one season, especially when they also don't have too many other options?

I think Benteke would be solid for Liverpool, but I don't know why they are spending so much on strikers (Ings, Benteke, etc.) when they just lost their best winger and their defense was pretty terrible.

Also, funny how Ings reportedly choose Pool over us b/c of playing time when he will be stuck behind Sturridge and Benteke, if it goes through.

This link keeps on growing. Would be a nice signing, but why would Marseille sell him after one season, especially when they also don't have too many other options.

We need a French source confirming. The closest I've seen is one saying we were interested last year as well, but he's changed agents since then and looks likely to stay.

OM really can't afford to sell him, but we'll see if that matters very much.

I think Benteke would be solid for Liverpool, but I don't know why they are spending so much on strikers (Ings, Benteke, etc.) when they just lost their best winger and their defense was pretty terrible.

Also, funny how Ings reportedly choose Pool over us b/c of playing time when he will be stuck behind Sturridge and Benteke, if it goes through.
He could be betting that Sturridge will never really be fit, and perhaps didn't expect Benteke.

Benteke is a slightly better Andy Carroll though, this isn't going to work unless Rodgers is planning to change everything about how his team plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom