Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are happy with our 3 defensive signings but just feel we need another 7 signings to be able to say we have had an effective summer? 10 players! Thats half a squad

Id rather have kept Capoue and Stambouli.....I guess they need replacing now though eh...

Not sure where you got 7 more players from. The post you quoted I mentioned 5.

How many do feel we need on the basis we have sold 3 CMs and hopefully 2 strikers by the season start?

Funny how the squad was not good enough, but now it is because we bought Tripper, Toby, Wimmer, and sold Capoue, Stambouli and Paulinho.

Funny how we leaked 53 goals with one of the worlds best keepers because the midfield wasnt helping to shield the defence and leaving us exposed, but now its ok because of Alli and Winks.

And how we didnt create enough for Kane but now we dont need any AMs, because of Pritchard and Onomah.

The issues are still there. A RB and two CBs hasnt sorted it, so as I said, still lots to do.

If the window slams shut with the squad just the way it is, I wonder how many will start screaming about Levy...
But bring it up now, and its all "stop it stop it, everyone is good enough"

Last edited:
Id rather have kept Capoue and Stambouli.....I guess they need replacing now though eh...

No point keeping them if Poch refused to play them.

Funny how the squad was not good enough, but now it is because we bought Tripper, Toby, Wimmer, and sold Capoue, Stambouli and Paulinho.

Who is saying the squad is good enough. It's pretty much agreed that we need a striker,midfielder and a winger.

No point keeping them if Poch refused to play them.

True...in a roundabout way, I feel we didnt need a full overhaul IF the manager learned to utilse what he had and rotate and mix up formations more effectively...(you know, the thing I banged on about for 6 months)
But seeing as he's selling, of course we need to sign.

Who is saying the squad is good enough.

The people disagreeing that we need to replace some players?

Not sure where you got 7 more players from. The post you quoted I mentioned 5.

How many do feel we need on the basis we have sold 3 CMs and hopefully 2 strikers by the season start?

Funny how we leaked 53 goals with one of the worlds best keepers because the midfield wasnt helping to shield the defence and leaving us exposed, but now its ok because of Alli and Winks.

And how we didnt create enough for Kane but now we dont need any AMs, because of Pritchard and Onomah.

The issues are still there. A RB and two CBs hasn't sorted it, so as I said, still lots to do.

If the window slams shut with the squad just the way it is, I wonder how money will start screaming about Levy...
But bring it up now, and its all "stop it stop it, everyone is good enough"

Realistically, I'd have to agree. I'm not too happy with our acquisition of two CB's when I felt CM was where we really needed to strengthen.

I disagree with your comments on Lamela, but I do feel we need better depth in the AM department and we also need adequate cover for Kane should he get injured. It's a short list of players who want to play second fiddle to Harry Kane though, so names is a difficult one.

If Liverpool really do buy Benteke for £32.5m, it just confirms how crazy the market has become, with the top 4 desperately one-upping one another, overspending on transfers that get plastered all over the papers and twitter.

Yet I am glad to not be a fan of those clubs. Surely the whole thing becomes rather sickening after a while - and establishes itself as the 'norm' rather than something particularly 'brave' or exciting. A Man City supporting friend of mine (lifelong, not plastic, I hasten to add) wanted nothing to do with Sterling. Particularly not for that fee or those wages.

For sure, if there's a great prospect that becomes available for £20m - £25m or so, then I hope we take a calculated risk on such a player; but sums like that are starting to appear modest in the current, frenzied climate.

So I'm reminded of Petyr Baelish from Game of Thrones, and that our philosophy (for the time being) may well echo his:

We have to be smarter, shrewder than the rest of our competition. From the looks of how we've been operating this transfer window (and the habit of Liverpool, City, and Man U to apparently buy the most obvious, unimaginative signings possible) we're clearly trying to do so.

They are paying that much because
1) they can
2) he's home grown

last season they had Boyata, Wright, Sinclair, Milner, Lampard, Hart, Guidetti and Clichy as HG
Lampard, Milner, Boyata and Guidetti have gone.

The leaching agents love the Oligarch, UAE and Qatari owned clubs. Lots of money to be made. Blame them for fucking things up.
That Muzzi Ozcan published a periscope of him in a hamburg supercar dealership ( looked like Luxury Cars Hamburg to me) Filmed himself walking about looking at Maserati's, Lambo's Ferraris and Porsches and said, ' just completed a successful transfer and wondering which car to buy with my percentage' I paraphrase.
Video was called 'which car.." he seems to have deleted it now. Probably asked, politely, to by his employers. But it was there:

Muzzi Ozcan on Twitter: "LIVE on #Periscope: Which car ...

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan/status/620915179317010432

I was going to post it yesterday as I could not believe the arrogance of it.
Probably wasn't blowing the whole lump either. Just shows you where the vast majority of the money is going.

Looks like he did a one year access to Law course at community college, attended Wales Uni in from 2009 - 2012.
Left with a Bsc, in International Politics and Intelligence and immediately became a player adviser/consultant/agent in August of that year. Then in November of the same year he walked straight into another job, security advisor to the English FA?

I dont want one willing to sit on the bench. I want one to challenge Kane for a starting place.

Pretty tough challenge to mount. Kane has became a legend to a lot of fans after one season. I wouldn't want to be the player trying to take his place.

I'm not saying he would get a bad reception from the fans. But I'm not saying he wouldn't either.

Could you imagine if we dropped Kane for Soldado or Adebayor to give Kane a rest? :pochlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom