Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or (as I read online) ...Turan can kinda be like a prefect stop-gap for Salvio.
Salvio would be an awesome signing. We also were linked a few times with him, but then he got his knee injury, and no one wants him just yet. So loan Turan til January, and then sign Salvio when he gets better by January.

I know, I know ... stop fantasizing, right? :pochserious:

Your gifs are such a high standard you can say what you like afaic.

Agree I think people forget with Benteke is that his form improvement at the end of last season was a lot down to Sherwood giving him a blow job like Sherwood did with Ade with us and of course building the villa side around Benteke knocking crosses into the box.

Won't get the same at Liverpool.
Indeed. Neither that treatment nor the playing style of Aston Villa that served him so well.

Honestly, I think that Liverpool overpaying for Benteke could be terrifically advantageous to us:

1. Remove the scousers from the striker market.
2. Give Sherwood a large pot of cash to spend on Adebayor and overpay us for Townsend.

Levy is the perfect chairman for this situation, should it arise. Let's see how it develops...

Id be very happy with Llorente if he came. Big unit who can hold the ball up, perfect if we need a 442 in a game.

Having said that i was pretty happy when Soldado turned up... I also thought we would utilise him correctly... Ahem. :soldadowtf:

b38nvp.jpg

No, but I am suggesting that he won't play very often if he does come here, and that that would be bad for his form and development. He would play regularily at Newcastle, which is probably the best option for him really.

I think people are mental if they believe we just need a back-up striker and not another first choice elect striker.

50 games highly probable, 55+ again wholly possible with just getting to 5th round of FA cup, quarters of league cup and last 32 of Europa.

How the fuck is Kane going to play all those games? He could be injured for just one of the busier 3wks and miss 6-7 games in a hit. How about if he's just totally nackered or even not playing well?

Let's chuck in an academy prospect, playing for the shirt, tons of Harry Kanes waiting to come through and because we have Poch they'll get their chance and all will be great - deluded!

So far we've done some good business.
Got some decent cover in plus unloaded some proper deadwood.
We still need a couple of good signings but there's plenty of time left yet..

Moses is not the answer though, he's average at best..

I think people are mental if they believe we just need a back-up striker and not another first choice elect striker.

50 games highly probable, 55+ again wholly possible with just getting to 5th round of FA cup, quarters of league cup and last 32 of Europa.

How the fuck is Kane going to play all those games? He could be injured for just one of the busier 3wks and miss 6-7 games in a hit. How about if he's just totally nackered or even not playing well?

Let's chuck in an academy prospect, playing for the shirt, tons of Harry Kanes waiting to come through and because we have Poch they'll get their chance and all will be great - deluded!
Well said Simmo, our failure to bring in a new striker, first in January, and now so far this window is almost beyond belief, until one remembers some of our other windows in recent years :(

The only thing that cheers me up a bit is that Oduwa looks a real prospect, but we surely can't rely on him as our other main striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom