Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still think Emil Forsberg would be a great signing. Pacey, young and knows where the goal is. Would be a clear upgrade to Chadli.

Best player in yesterday's 3-0 win versus Wales. And yes Zlatan played.

I still think any winger who is a first team starter at the team they are currently with will be described incorrectly by everyone as a clear upgrade to Chadli.
Because Chadli is a player to suit a mid-table/Europa league club.
Chadli is the measure of our club's ambition. If he is still central to our plans come the start of the season, I'll be disappointed.

Because Chadli is a player to suit a mid-table/Europa league club.
Chadli is the measure of our club's ambition. If he is still central to our plans come the start of the season, I'll be disappointed.

Based on what? He's helped us get where we are and contributed plenty on the way there. There are plenty of palyers who weren't good enough to feature who we should be looking to replace long before we replace Chadli. Left wing is one of the few positions where we have 3 players who can score, create and compete. Compare that with the rest of the positions we have.

We have a very young team, but we do lack somebody with a bit more experience in tight matches. Diarra still has a good two or three years in him and is somebody who can dictate the tempo of the game.

Motta comes to my mind too.
Whether Diarra is the answer I'll let others answer (we don't see much Ligue 1 here) but broadly I do agree. I'd like some experience to complement what is on the whole a rather young team.

We've got experience - Vertonghen has 70 odd caps, toby 50+, same with Eriksen. Erik, like those guys has played champions league, Son probably has as well. Walker has been around for a while and Lloris has vast experience.
I think we're ok experience wise - but could do with a bit more outfield leadership and maybe a player that can offer something a bit special like a VDV

Whether Diarra is the answer I'll let others answer (we don't see much Ligue 1 here) but broadly I do agree. I'd like some experience to complement what is on the whole a rather young team.

Doesn't Diarra have quite a lot of bad experience though?......He seems to have left every club under a cloud

Back
Top Bottom