Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why not? He did it this past season?

If he's healthy I see no reason he would start behind Wanyama.
No he didn't. He was rested, because we needed to, at Dortmund when Dembele was not available.
We had Mason and Carroll in midfield.
We also didn't have Dembele for the league cup against Arsehole and we played Dier alongside Carrol.

I am not saying he's behind Wanayama, but he cannot play every single game if we are serious about going all the way in domestic cups and CL.
It's like saying we shouldn't be looking at players better or equally as good as what we have got because they ain't going to take so and so's place. Fact is we need someone who can do Diers job just as good. Especially if we don't buy another right footed CB.
Anyway, no one player should be guaranteed a starting place.

No he didn't.
Ok, he played 51 out of 53 games if you're going to be a pedant. Eric Dier is a fucking Terminator.

It's like saying we shouldn't be looking at players better or equally as good as what we have got because they ain't going to take so and so's place. Fact is we need someone who can do Diers job just as good. Especially if we don't buy another right footed CB.
Apart from the fact, of course, that I'm advocating signing Wanyama. So god knows what your point is there.

Eric Dier is CURRENTLY a guaranteed starter. If we bought Sergio Busquets I'd change that viewpoint. So no, what I'm saying is nothing like saying we shouldn't be buying better players. Nothing I've said has come close to that suggestion.

Your getting the wrong end of the stick here. My view that Eric Dier is a guaranteed starter (like Kane, Toby and Hugo and Dembele actually) is all I'm commenting on and that he's better than Wanyama so that doesn't change anything unless his form dips or he's not healthy.

Buying Wanyama means we can fuck off Carroll and maybe Mason though. He could also play alongside Dier when Dembele inevitably breaks down.

I'm making no comment on the direction of our transfer policy as you seem to think I'm suggesting.

Anyway, no one player should be guaranteed a starting place.
Seeing as you were being a bit of pedant with me, I'm going to return the favour. Lionel Messi.

After reading through FoxesTalk I realise how fucking stupid football fans sound talking about transfers, us included. Their Vardy thread reminds me of our Bale/Modric ones.

Fans are the only loyal element in football and I think struggle to accept that players I guess like all of us in our jobs want to reach something better.

When it comes down to it clubs are not loyal to players, we kicked out Spurs loving Townsend, truly one of our own because he wasn't good enough, why should players be loyal to clubs?

That being said any player who is given an opportunity and well treated by the club and fans must accept if they leave the love will be gone and they might even be hated. That is the price to pay and one Sol Campbell paid that price.

Leicester City are the new Wimbledon, they have won the trophy but are still a small team and therefore liable to be ripped apart.

In my mind even Kane I have come to accept may not be here forever, I would just like us to reach a point where we are big enough across the board to deal with a departure of any player. Historically we have been a one or two man team often and under Pochettino that is thankfully dying. I am not as scared of losing players as I used to be. Poch is another matter considering it's hard to find managers of that quality.

Vardy if he chooses can take the money and why not but he will lose a lot of love but I doubt he cares too much.

With Vardy potentially signing for Woolwich, it does leave a lot of strikers available.

What's people's genuine belief of us signing Morata or Lacazette?
The latter seems more likely than the former, but I could see it being either him, Batshuayi or Janssen. Either way, a much smarter choice than Woolwich signing Jamie fucking Vardy. I mean, good on him for cashing in, but on what planet does a team which relies on needlepoint passing and final third possession require the talents of a counter-attacking striker who needs acres of time and space?

Back
Top Bottom