Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their board though down the years has useless at retaining. When Poch was on the way out they had a fire sale up till we wanted Schniderlin.

I have no doubt they will lose players but like always they will rebuild. As a
Fan though it must be hard getting behind a team where most of the players seem like they are just waiting for the opportunity to fuck off.

They scount well but hard to think of a club which loses players at the rate they do each season.
Most clubs get picked apart. Dortmund might even get the same treatment this year.

But it's a good reminder to love the shirt more than the guys in it.

After reading through FoxesTalk I realise how fucking stupid football fans sound talking about transfers, us included. Their Vardy thread reminds me of our Bale/Modric ones.

Genuinely think it was a bit different for us with Bale and Modric - we didn't bribe them to join us with low transfer release clauses.......the only reason those clauses exist (seemingly with all the decent Leicester players) is that both parties have entered the agreement knowing that if the player does well they'll leave.

Been here many times before. Last summer most "knew" we would get a second striker. Yeah right.

We should have made a statement of intent after the way our season ended.

Pochettino signing his contract was nice but we also needed a quick signing to instill some belief.

Many posters won't say it but many will agree.

Last year many were tragic fucking melts like you as well. Last year everyone was predicting that by not signing Schneiderlin and Berahino we would finish 7th or 8th.

The thing is, none of us know fuck all. But bitching and moaning because you think Levy is a tight fisted cunt won't change anything, because if we had spent 25 million on Berahino last year and 20 million on Schneiderlin, we probably would have been out of the title race much sooner than we are.

Genuinely think it was a bit different for us with Bale and Modric - we didn't bribe them to join us with low transfer release clauses.......the only reason those clauses exist (seemingly with all the decent Leicester players) is that both parties have entered the agreement knowing that if the player does well they'll leave.

It's more the way some of them are slating him before he's even gone, calling him a chav and the like. Whether they like it or not Woolwich are a bigger club than them, as Real are compared to us. To be honest I'm not sure Vardy will make all that much difference to Woolwich so I'm happy to see little old Leicester knocked down a peg or two.

Last year many were tragic fucking melts like you as well. Last year everyone was predicting that by not signing Schneiderlin and Berahino we would finish 7th or 8th.

The thing is, none of us know fuck all. But bitching and moaning because you think Levy is a tight fisted cunt won't change anything, because if we had spent 25 million on Berahino last year and 20 million on Schneiderlin, we probably would have been out of the title race much sooner than we are.
Someone on here loudly proclaimed that our squad was worse than Crystal Palace's and said we were in the relegation fight.

No, it would be us to end up with nobody and to have it leaked that we baulked at the extra half million pound transfer fee.

I like to think we have a plan but I can also sense the usual scattergun approach.

It seems our relative stability and youthful squad is yet to have the magnetic effect we would have liked.

The only scattergun going on is in the press with them guessing at every player alive. Do you know something, we don't, that about which parts reported in the press are true? In that case, you're on the wrong forum and head on over to SC and become one of their world famous #ITK :levylol:

Outstanding post.
200.gif

Yup, there was a hell of a lot of 7-12 talk. It was laughable. I predicted 5th personally so even I, King Happy Clapper, didn't envisage 3rd.

But I think I saw some even giving it relegation talk.

It was very evident on this board that these people were absent for long periods between September and April. Then May happened and look who came crawling back giving it the largen about failure coming 3rd when in August they were giving it the 7-12 talk.

Wankers.

Hmmm I think there are too many others ahead of them to 'get there'

When we set out on the first major push under Jol we just had to get above Villa really....
Their ''there'' is different to our ''there'', if you know what I mean?

Their ''there'' I'm on about is consistent EL qualification. Once they're there they can think about a different ''there''...

...what the fuck am I on about?!

Their ''there'' is different to our ''there'', if you know what I mean?

Their ''there'' I'm on about is consistent EL qualification. Once they're there they can think about a different ''there''...

...what the fuck am I on about?!

There, their and they're written so much in one post..... :lamelashock: you must have made at least one grammatical error

I've lost count of the players we have been linked with already and the window isn't even open. I trust poch and his scouts to find the right players and get the best out of them.

He doesn't strike me as the type who would rush into signing a player, their mentality has to fit as well as their footballing ability.

I think a lot of business will be concluded after the euros now the majority of 'targets' have other things on their mind atm.

If poch thinks they're good enough then that's good enough for me

Some predictable responses seemingly forgetting our lack of tranafer activity in the forward areas arguably cost us the title.

So with Koeman leaving Southampton does he go with a return and raid veto or has he got a couple of players lined up as targets?

What was already going to be a difficult Premier League just got that bit harder in my opinion. A good manager who unlike Martinez is not given to hyperbole and will demand better from his players.

We may be looking at players but for me we do too much window shopping only to offer cost price and get rejected or outbid.

I repeat you would have thought that being in London and the Champions League would elevate us in terms of appeal. Much of that advantage is neutralised however by Levy's reputation and reluctance to pay the going rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom