Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham poised to seal Vincent Janssen transfer for a bargain £12million
  • 22:30, 7 JUN 2016
  • UPDATED 22:48, 7 JUN 2016
  • BY DARREN LEWIS
It's understood a fee has been agreed for 21-year-old Eredivisie top scorer who has been linked with Atletico Madrid and AC Milan but fancies England
  • It's understood a fee has been agreed for 21-year-old Eredivisie top scorer who has been linked with Atletico Madrid and AC Milan but fancies England
Vincent-Janssen-main.jpg

Spurs are understood to have spoken to Janssen and be optimistic of doing a deal
Tottenham are hoping to complete the £12million signing of AZ Alkmaar scoring sensation Vincent Janssen.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino is determined to land the Holland international, who top scored in the Dutch League this season with 27 goals in 34 games, as he strengthens his squad for a Champions League campaign.

Mirror Sport understands Spurs have now spoken to 21-year-old Janssen, having already agreed a fee for him with his club.

The north Londoners are feeling optimistic they can conclude a deal soon.

Rex
England-v-Holland-International-Friendly.jpg

Prolific Janssen added to his season's haul with a penalty at Wembley in March

Janssen flew into London this week with his representatives and - despite interest from Wolfsburg, Atletico Madrid and AC Milan - he wants the move to White Hart Lane.

His signing would provide strong support for England striker Harry Kane who netted 28 times for Spurs this season.

Pochettino, his assistant Jesus Perez and head of recruitment Paul Mitchell all watched him in action last month when he played for Holland against the Republic of Ireland.

Although Janssen didn’t score in that match, he has netted in three of his last four internationals - against England at Wembley in March and away to Poland and Austria over the last week.

Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV Eindhoven have been keen on snapping him up from cash-strapped Alkmaar to keep him in his homeland.

Brian Lawless/PA Wire
NOV27-Republic-of-Ireland-v-Netherlands-International-Friendly.jpg

Pochettino led a Spurs delegation to check out Janssen in Holland's friendly against Ireland

But Janssen has his heart set on a move to the Premier League.

He said: “I can look back on a great season. For me to score so many goals and get in the Holland team and also to score against England at Wembley makes it the best football year of my life.

“I am ready for a big step up. To be realistic the big Dutch clubs cannot afford me. That's not because of my wages, it's the transfer fee.”

Pochettino believes his recruitment will be the first step to finally addressing Tottenham’s over-reliance on Kane over the past two seasons.

Leicester and Woolwich are also among Janssen’s admirers, but the Foxes have prioritised Watford’s Troy Deeney and Ahmed Musa of CSKA Moscow, while the Gunners want the champions' England striker Jamie Vardy .

Back
Top Bottom