Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF even if we sign no one I'll take the same view as I did last summer window - If Poch thinks we don't need anyone else then what the fuck do I know?....Kane proved pretty everyone wrong the season before last.....Dier and Dembele did the same last season......maybe there is someone else waiting to come through and be a standout PL player.......
We have already told Rangers we want to assess Dominic Ball in pre-season so they have to wait. There will be Pritchard who Poch expressed he had done enough to be in his thoughts last year too. Expect Carter-Vickers to be in the squad next year, as I do Bentaleb.

Bottom line for me is I have never been so confident a) in our ability to scout players b) Assess our own players at Hotspur Way and make right decision to keep or move on.

Genuinely relaxed about this summer, feels good.

We have already told Rangers we want to assess Dominic Ball in pre-season so they have to wait. There will be Pritchard who Poch expressed he had done enough to be in his thoughts last year too. Expect Carter-Vickers to be in the squad next year, as I do Bentaleb.

Bottom line for me is I have never been so confident a) in our ability to scout players b) Assess our own players at Hotspur Way and make right decision to keep or move on.

Genuinely relaxed about this summer, feels good.

Normally a Spurs summer consists of worrying which of our top players will fuck off. Don't have to worry about that this time.

Well Daniel, time to get that vice out, looks like you have someone's balls to put in it.

His next tweet reflects my view pretty well, though

With the financial state of OM, the we hold all the aces (along with Michy, I guess). If he's refusing to join the likes of West Ham, it makes perfect sense for us to wait it out a bit. I trust that our people are well enough informed to know, if there's any danger of a bigger club snapping in.

Obviously, I agree with others on here that sooner is better, but as long as it's before preseason starts, I'm fine with not being held ransom.

His next tweet reflects my view pretty well, though

With the financial state of OM, the we hold all the aces (along with Michy, I guess). If he's refusing to join the likes of West Ham, it makes perfect sense for us to wait it out a bit. I trust that our people are well enough informed to know, if there's any danger of a bigger club snapping in.

Obviously, I agree with others on here that sooner is better, but as long as it's before preseason starts, I'm fine with not being held ransom.

Oh, I agree. But if there's some insane way we could walk off with Janssen and Batsuayi for what was budgeted for just one striker, I say go for it.

Oh, and this should get entertaining:

Poor Dortmund really are getting picked apart. A real shame that they couldn't get one more year together under Tuchel.

I was probably one of your melts. The thing is though for some of us finishing 3rd only makes it even more frustrating that Levy has such short arms and deep pockets. Had we spent just a fraction of what our rivals dished out things could have been so much better. Let's not gloss over the facts. We won fuck all, again. We finished below our arch rivals, again.We were nowhere near in Europe or the domestic cups. When the business end of the season came up, we capitulated, again. We failed to win any of our opening 4 games, with no alternative to support an out of form Harry Kane. And we didn't win any of our last 4 games when a few injuries/suspensions kicked in. In my opinion, Poch's genius papered over Levy's incompetence
i thought he was busy not getting a stadium built.....

Back
Top Bottom