Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why United and City and for that matter Woolwich are already buying players.

The transfer window has barely opened if at all. They must realise there is no rush. Far better surely to wait until after the Euros are sometime in late July.

Not sure why United and City and for that matter Woolwich are already buying players.

The transfer window has barely opened if at all. They must realise there is no rush. Far better surely to wait until after the Euros are sometime in late July.
If we'd paid what they have for those three players, I'd be fucking furious. I'd rather wait than lift our skirt at the first seemingly half decent player that happens by.

If we can Janssen, Coric, Wanyama then an experienced head.. Someone like Diarra then I'd class that as a very successful window transfer in wise.

Waiting till after the euros will only increase their transfer value surely (assuming the play well)

Janssen won't be at the Euro's. Hopefully something we can do during the competition. Players like Embolo and Batshuayi are going to try and put themselves in the shop window for bigger clubs.

The earlier deals get done the less messing about when squads return. Better to integrate players early so they get used to their new surroundings. Always see doing late deals means teams are playing catch up. As for waiting until after the Euro's players values can change if they have a good tournament. Why not do deals early it's sensible.

The earlier deals get done the less messing about when squads return. Better to integrate players early so they get used to their new surroundings. Always see doing late deals means teams are playing catch up. As for waiting until after the Euro's players values can change if they have a good tournament. Why not do deals early it's sensible.

Would be good to sign people early - but has anyone transferred yet that we can actually say we're disappointed to have missed out on?

Glad you agree.

However we seem to always think waiting until the bargain basement period is a sure fire route to success.

We have a new stadium so I get the inherent costs that go with it but any advantage we had with the commitment of the manager, guaranteed group stages at least of Champions League footy and being in London will soon evaporate.

No.

Although when we get to mid-August and not signed anyone prepare for meltdown :levyeyes:

TBF even if we sign no one I'll take the same view as I did last summer window - If Poch thinks we don't need anyone else then what the fuck do I know?....Kane proved pretty everyone wrong the season before last.....Dier and Dembele did the same last season......maybe there is someone else waiting to come through and be a standout PL player.......

Back
Top Bottom