Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sterling on £180,000 a week :chadliblow:
Genuinely still see him as a very exiting prospect with little end result.

He's on 5k more than Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose and Walker combined:adewtf:

Rooney with 10x what Alli gets paid. I know which one I'd rather have in my squad.

Adebayor is probably the only player to have outsmarted Levy with a high paying contract, we also got City to supplement his pay for a few years before us having to pay him up in full to leave.

Who: Gibbering Hindgut
ITK: My source says Janssen really wants to come. Very impressed with Hotspur way and feels Poch will improve his development. Janssen already agreed personal terms £30k pw. Up to AZ to accept offer which will be about £16m

So, to summarise

- we do not have the same pull as Juventus
- we do not sign the same type of players
- we have similar turnover inflated mostly by our TV revenue
We do have very similar transfer budgets and spend roughly comparable amounts on our transfers. Some of our targets differ.

My original point, and subsequent ones, stand.

Rooney with 10x what Alli gets paid. I know which one I'd rather have in my squad.

Adebayor is probably the only player to have outsmarted Levy with a high paying contract, we also got City to supplement his pay for a few years before us having to pay him up in full to leave.

Yeah, atleast we got some quality smilies for the money. :adegrin2:

So, to summarise

- we do not have the same pull as Juventus
- we do not sign the same type of players
- we have similar turnover inflated mostly by our TV revenue

People keep saying our value is bloated by the tv deal. So here's an argument against that.

Juventus just signed a new Adidas kit deal worth £20m a year. Our new Nike deal is reported to be worth £25m a year.

Juventus' new FIAT Group extension sponsorship deal is £17m a year. Our OLD and expiring deal is worth £16m a year.

The previous Forbes value also includes the value of them deep in the CL and us in the EL.

Juventus' value includes their new stadium, while our current value does not include the value of our new stadium.

When we move into our new stadium with our new kit deal and new shirt sponsorship deal and stadium sponsorship deal and hopefully CL football we'll be miles up on Juve in terms of value, revenue, and spending power.

Can't argue that we're not currently on par in attractiveness, but in financial terms we're on par and have far greater short term projections. It's frustrating losing big names because of Levy and Co's financial stewardship, but at the same time their solid business plan has seen the club rise steadily to a point that within a couple of seasons we'll be comfortably one of the very few most valuable clubs in the world - and most probably the most valuable club outside Barca, Real, Bayern, and United that isn't propped up by oil money.

The Redknapp years make for some ugly reading. And the summer we sold Bale was poor, but arguably the problem was AVB's original targets, more than the guys we bought in a rush at the end.

AVB's original targets supposedly were Moutinho, David Villa and Hulk we could have easily have gotten two of those if we hadn't dicked about. Then the Damiao debacle as well, another one we could have supposedly gotten if we had stumped up £20m.

To be fair to the 'magnificent 7' three have actually worked out for us. We have had a chequered history with signing players even before the ENIC era. Mitchell, Poch, Pleat and Broomfield seem to be more on the ball.

AVB's original targets supposedly were Moutinho, David Villa and Hulk we could have easily have gotten two of those if we hadn't dicked about. Then the Damiao debacle as well, another one we could have supposedly gotten if we had stumped up £20m.

To be fair to the 'magnificent 7' three have actually worked out for us. We have had a chequered history with signing players even before the ENIC era. Mitchell, Poch, Pleat and Broomfield seem to be more on the ball.
AVB wanted Paulinho. And Capoue. Villa never wanted to leave Spain. Moutinho went to Monaco as part of a very cute deal for James. Hulk was in Russia, and you don't get out of there easily, no matter how much you want it. Smart players don't go to Russia.

I thought carroll was the guy that could just spray passes everywhere

He is and a good option off the ench when we want to calm things down and keep possession

Think Man City away

Convinced we wd have lost that if Tommy hadn't have come on and settled things

Fortunately Poch agreed

:pochserious2:

I think 15m is a very fair offer and by the sound of it AZ won't even listen to that. I think we should already be exploring other options now
So, even if Poch's wants him, you think we should explore other options rather than pay the asking price. I cannot imagine why any fan would be of this mindset, whoever they support. Pathetic.

He is and a good option off the ench when we want to calm things down and keep possession

Think Man City away

Convinced we wd have lost that if Tommy hadn't have come on and settled things

Fortunately Poch agreed

:pochserious2:

We don't really have any good options from the bench. That was pretty obvious last season. Clint's injury was a real shame. He looked like he could be that player.

So, even if Poch's wants him, you think we should explore other options rather than pay the asking price. I cannot imagine why any fan would be of this mindset, whoever they support. Pathetic.
I think I'd draw the line at 18m & maybe a deadline of another 2-3 weeks.
then move on to our next option.

I think I'd draw the line at 18m & maybe a deadline of another 2-3 weeks.
then move on to our next option.
Which is what we sort of have done, according to Janssen himself this morning. He says we bid 18 for him, and he wants AZ to hurry up and take it rather than trying to get 20.

We don't really have any good options from the bench. That was pretty obvious last season. Clint's injury was a real shame. He looked like he could be that player.
We have an option of closing up shop in victor.
Just need a player to bring on to create chances or 1 who scores goals.
Enter insigne & Janssen.

I doubt we could get insigne.
So what about raffael? 1st player I didn't know on the most assists in europe list.
Experienced & helped his team finish 4th in the german league.
Anyone know much about him?

We have an option of closing up shop in victor
Just need a player to bring on to create chances or 1 who scores goals.
Enter insigne & Janssen.

I doubt we could get insigne.
So what about raffael? 1st player I didn't know on the most assists in europe list.
Experienced & helped his team finish 4th in the german league.
Anyone know much about him?

1) That's true.

2) Not me mate.

Back
Top Bottom