Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All the teams around us seem to have deeper pockets than us. They are more prepared to take risks on signings. That's the way of the world. But if this lad has been scouted properly (& looking at southamptons track record under Poch & Mitchell, I'd fucking well hope so) the black box has spoken, etc- then let's just get the fucker done nice & early. Let's give Poch a full pre season with him. Is £20 million an unreasonable risk when Troy Deeney's name is being flung around at a far higher price?

The TV money means there will be some eye watering transfers. I'm not saying we have to auction the family silver, but we should be expecting to pay more than Robben went for several years ago.
I thought I made the point. Troy Deeney was a more consistent goalscorer in the championship than Janssen was in the Eerste. The Eerste probably being at a lower level.
Deeney also managed to put 13 away in the PL last season
Janssen has had one decent season in the Dutch top flight to base that £20m price tag on. He's far more of an unknown.
The most ever played for a Dutch player was Depay, the next was Nistelrooy who averaged about 20 a season over 3 years at PSV. There have been less than 10 players to go for 20m euro or more signed from the Dutch league.
Bony scored 46 goals in 2 years at Vitesse and was the top dutch scorer with 31 goals before Swansea bought him for £12m 3 years ago.
Edit: another example is Alves who was banging them in in the Dutch league before signing for Boro for 20m euro

Last edited:
City and Chelsea have most definitely NOT always had more money than us. Historically they are smaller clubs with smaller fan bases. What they currently have though is very wealthy owner/s with a willingness to spunk a load of their own wealth into their clubs to elevate them above their normal station. We also have extremely rich owners. A tax dodging less wealthy one I admit. But rich nevertheless. Only ours refuses to invest a single shekel of his dodgy billions into helping us compete. (spursy)
Yeah your'e right, Man U have. I did phrase that wrong. However, you know what I mean.

I thought I made the point. Troy Deeney was a more consistent goalscorer in the championship than Janssen was in the Eerste. The Eerste probably being at a lower level.
Deeney also managed to put 13 away in the PL last season
Janssen has had one decent season in the Dutch top flight to base that £20m price tag on. He's far more of an unknown.
The most ever played for a Dutch player was Depay, the next was Nistelrooy who averaged about 20 a season over 3 years at PSV. There have been less than 10 players to go for 20m euro or more signed from the Dutch league.
Bony scored 46 goals in 2 years at Vitesse and was the top dutch scorer with 31 goals before Swansea bought him for £12m 3 years ago.
Edit: another example is Alves who was banging them in in the Dutch league before signing for Boro for 20m euro

Yes, the Dutch market is pretty different from the other leagues. There seems to be either Suarez or Altidore type of players imo.

Sky Sports:

"£5M FOR YEDLIN?

Tottenham are demanding £5m for their United States right-back DeAndre Yedlin, who spent last season on loan at Sunderland according to the Daily Star on Sunday.

However, the paper reports that it's too high of a fee for the Black Cats, who are beginning to look at other defensive options in the position."

Who else could you get with that age and potential for <£5m??
That's why clubs hire scouts.

If you like "ITK", click below.

hertyid: Saw my guy on Saturday night. He thinks this one the most likely to happen.
Trix: Yep, trying to push this through.
Grey Fox (Trix?): Been told by the end of week, everything agreed just signing on the dotted line to be completed

Otherwise, nothing to see here...

If you like "ITK", click below.

hertyid: Saw my guy on Saturday night. He thinks this one the most likely to happen.
Trix: Yep, trying to push this through.
Grey Fox (Trix?): Been told by the end of week, everything agreed just signing on the dotted line to be completed

Otherwise, nothing to see here...
"By the end of the week".

Fucking hell, really pushing the boat out with that one.
:pocheyes:

I did warn you. Maybe it's not so hard.....

....After all, my guy does tell me we're pushing to sign a striker, possibly Janssen, by the end of the week, and they hope to have the paperwork done before the Euro Final.

Also, Poch is still looking to bring in young talent. We've shown interest in a few young wingers who he feels can develop into first team players.

photo-21198.jpg

(for you youngsters/yanks, that's "Septic Peg")

Back
Top Bottom