Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've got a good record buying low and selling high. I'd prefer to not start fucking with the formula that got us Dier for four million and Alli for five million to pay "realistic" transfers in a stupidly inflated market. At that price it doesn't make a lot of sense imo.

Newcastle aren't going to sell him for less than they paid for him

Why haven't we been in for Nevin Subotic ?he's available for 4 million apparently, he's a quality centre half or was a couple of years ago.

Because he's not very good anymore. His knee injury seems to have effectively ended his career as a top class footballer, he has never recovered properly and is nowhere near the player he used to be.

Finally had time to listen to the Priya Ramesh interview (which was excellent, by the way) and thought I'd check out Hakim Ziyech, a highly-rated CAM who, according to Priya, "carried" FC Twente last year.

Based on this montage, he looks an exciting prospect. What do you think - worth a bid?

coughymachine coughymachine

He does look good in the video, however I'm of the belief that if he is that cheap and that good, then surely our seemingly alert scouting team would have sourced him out already. Especially if they spent last season watching Janssen, it would be hard to ignore Ziyech. Possibly a work visa issue that they know they wouldn't get around?

Tello wasn't all that good at Fiorentina this season.
He shows glimpses of talent, as in "I can run past anyone and serve perfect assists to our striker", but for some strange reasons he does that once/twice per game max.
He does look like an incredible waste of potential.
Then again, once/twice per game sometimes are enough to win you games, so... he's still a valuable player.

Finally had time to listen to the Priya Ramesh interview (which was excellent, by the way) and thought I'd check out Hakim Ziyech, a highly-rated CAM who, according to Priya, "carried" FC Twente last year.

Based on this montage, he looks an exciting prospect. What do you think - worth a bid?

Too many long shots for my liking. If his head was up more and he looked to play those balls into dangerous places in the box instead of going for 25-yard thunderbastards he'd be a much more useful player, I think.

Tottenham transfer news: Spurs not interested in signing Bayern Munich’s Mario Gotze
blank.gif

mariogotze1407.jpg

No go, Mario: Spurs are not pursuing Bayern midfielder Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images

Tottenham have no interest in signing Mario Gotze fromBayern Munich.

Spurs had been linked with a move for the 24-year-old but Standard Sport understands there has been no approach and the club are actively pursuing other targets including Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle.

Gotze is thought to be available after new Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti cast doubt on his future and with Tottenham out of the running, Liverpool are a possible destination for a reunion with Jurgen Klopp having previously worked together at Borussia Dortmund.

Dortmund are keen on re-signing Gotze but as yet no club has made a concrete offer to Bayern, who will demand a fee in excess of £20million for the attacking midfielder.

Ancelotti said of Gotze this week: “He is a Bayern player. I spoke to him one month ago. It was private.

"He’s a Bayern player so I’ll consider him.

"I will treat him as one and until he’s not, I don’t have to think other things.”

Best news I've read all day. Gotze was never a Spurs player and would have never fit in with the club nor it's culture.

Back
Top Bottom