Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you think he did well exactly? Actually point out his qualities and why you think that. Telling me you think he's a good player doesn't say much of anything.

I think he's terrible with no real set-in-stone skill set.

He worked extremely hard off the ball to retain possession for us in vital areas of the pitch, which he often did.

He either moved the ball quickly after receiving it or carried it up the pitch, driving attacks, making space for other players to make runs.

He was tough in the tackle and was never bullied off the ball.

Most importantly, he played like he actually gave a fuck about the club when at a time when we had Adebayor, Chiriches, Paulinho and Capoue who didn't.

I think we already have one.

Incredible that people think Levy hasn't changed his tactic.

In previous years we'd sell first, build up a little money pot and then spend it, usually sparingly, and usually at the very end of the transfer window. Often our first target would say no, our second target would have already moved, our third would want more wages and finally we'd sign our 7th target.

This season we're got players early enough to go on pre-season, we've spent before we've sold and it seems like we've tended to get our 1st target without much bother.

I see a huge difference in how we do business now. Look at the Janseen transfer - years ago, like with the Berahinho deal, we'd have walked away as soon as they asked for more and found someone else.
Yes levy has changed tact in his usual poor way of signing players.
but my point was he isn't doing everything he can to get us a title.
Nor would I expect our chairman too.
If he was a chairman of a team who win trophies then he would be under pressure to do more & be more aggressive.

I agree with a lot of what you said
But I would like to point out neither of our signings were that difficult to get.
Not like we had loads of competition for them.
It isn't like either are massive well known & sought after coups.
Both are good solid signings & I think they will be a success.

When we were fighting for 5th place and our attacks were like watching glaciers move, Nabil moved the ball more quickly than the rest of our midfield and was the link between defence and attack. In a faltering team of headless chickens, he was like that prick at the bowling alley who has his own special shoes and slides on his fucking knees before releasing the ball.

Now that we know what we're doing and Poch has had time to sort out the team and get his players in, Nabil has found the competition too great after getting a bit of Big Billy-itis.

He'll do fine at a team competing for top 6 and may even improve beyond that, who knows. What's obvious is he won't get that chance here.

Yes levy has changed tact in his usual poor way of signing players.
but my point was he isn't doing everything he can to get us a title.
Nor would I expect our chairman too.
If he was a chairman of a team who win trophies then he would be under pressure to do more & be more aggressive.

I agree with a lot of what you said
But I would like to point out neither of our signings were that difficult to get.
Not like we had loads of competition for them.
It isn't like either are massive well known & sought after coups.
Both are good solid signings & I think they will be a success.

Stop talking about a title. It's like you're looking for an argument. No one on here has mentioned winning the title this season.

Stop talking about a title. It's like you're looking for an argument. No one on here has mentioned winning the title this season.
Jay said its a title winning team.
Plenty do on here.

I thought forums are where people come to argue.

Do we know if N'Jie is going permanently or on loan? Conflicting stories.
This seems the most likely.
on loan with clauses that he will easily trigger so that they have to buy him for 7m.
A 7m loss isn't the end of the world.

so son & njie look like bad signings.
But I am confident the 2 new boys will prove to be good buys.

I didnt think he played as many as 14 games for us without scoring.

Tottenham transfer news: N'jie deal delayed due to visa renewal - report

Last edited:
But you don't like it when people argue with you. You run away saying 'but who cares?' Every time.

Title winning team? What's that? Leicester. Oh so it is.
I say that when they take an internet forum too seriously.
Bring em back down to earth.
People get carried away on the old forums.
End up wound up & angry.

Ok leicester is the norm now. & we should expect those sort of teams to regularly win it most seasons.

I say that when they take an internet forum too seriously.
Bring em back down to earth.
People get carried away on the old forums.
End up wound up & angry.

Ok leicester is the norm now. & we should expect those sort of teams to regularly win it most seasons.

Who do you see winning it most seasons? You seem to want your cake and eat it at the moment.

Who do you see winning it most seasons? You seem to want your cake and eat it at the moment.
The usual teams like utd, city, chelsea etc.
I don't think leicester will come anywhere near winning it.
Just an opinion. Leicester may well win it again.

Back
Top Bottom