Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should be looking to shift Bentaleb, Carroll and Mason in my opinion. The are not good enough.

Bentaleb can be replaced by youth as he was not even involved last season so there is no gap to fill.

The same for Carroll, but more so that his current ability should be the easiest to replace via a youth option.

Mason, I would replace with a signing if the value is there. If we can get a upgrade on him for a reasonable fee then why not, if not I would keep around. Rather have a larger squad then panic if we get a few injuries.

Chadli is another, similar to Mason. If there is a viable upgrade then look to move on, however I would not be looking to sell of the sake of it as he is very useful in the squad.
McGinn is the perfect replacement for Mason, although I'd be happy if Mason remained. I agree Nabil and Carroll can both fuck off.

Winks -> Carroll
Onomah -> Bentaleb
Edwards -> Pritchard

If we're looking to get rid of Bentaleb and Pritchard then those I imagine should be used to take their squad places. Onomah made more appearences then Bentaleb last season and will only get better with more game time, he's obviously well liked and Poch trusts him more than he does Bentaleb.

I've always liked the look of Winks whenever he's given any sort of time with the team, looks so assured on the ball and I don't see anything Carroll does better. Carroll has the experience of playing first level football with the numerous loans he's had and playing Premier League football but with Wanyama coming in, Winks is more than capable of being a solid fifth choice central midfielder to play in the likes of League Cup games or to come on late in games against Hull when we're 8-0 up.
I'm surprised so many on here rate Onomah. His performances have been worse than the Mason, Carroll, Bentaleb trinity. I'd sell Onomah but I can't imagine anyone buying him.

I'm surprised so many on here rate Onomah. His performances have been worse than the Mason, Carroll, Bentaleb trinity. I'd sell Onomah but I can't imagine anyone buying him.

I've not seen anything special of him in his limited appearances.

Even the 'hold it in the corners' pre-goals Kane stood out...

I'd say Onomah has more promise than McGinn. He's just played a role in the U19 Euro Championships for England.
McGinn's an actual international who had our own Eriksen in his back pocket during a man of the match display on his debut. Unfortunately Onomah does not come close to McGinn's ability, both in proven and subjective terms.

You also think we should be signing some Scottish kid that we've never scouted because it's too far down the talent pyramid for even Pleaty to consider that league as football.

If you can't see what Pochettino sees in Onomah, then you may need to start asking questions of yourself, as there are very good reasons Onomah keeps getting serious minutes.

You also think we should be signing some Scottish kid that we've never scouted because it's too far down the talent pyramid for even Pleaty to consider that league as football.

If you can't see what Pochettino sees in Onomah, then you may need to start asking questions of yourself, as there are very good reasons Onomah keeps getting serious minutes.
It would be nice if he would show those reasons during those minutes.

It's the emperor's new clothes with Onomah. He's shite but the majority just want to believe in his future. I'm sure a psychologist could explain what is going on

It would be nice if he would show those reasons during those minutes.

It's the emperor's new clothes with Onomah. He's shite but the majority just want to believe in his future. I'm sure a psychologist could explain what is going on
Josh is quite good at both passing and pressing as Pochettino requires, and shows a good ability to link up play between midfield and attack. He can make dangerous passes to attacking players in good positions, and showed considerably greater ability to press correctly and maintain his position than either Mason or Carroll did last year. He was also much better than either of them again today.

United are seemingly about to pay £120m for a box to box midfielder - I think we are signing (well) and selling (poorly) below the market based on current quoted figures.

The transfer fees flying around at the moment are ridiculous, but lets be honest, even in this market we'd be lucky to get £8m for Fazio! :levywtf:

The transfer fees flying around at the moment are ridiculous, but lets be honest, even in this market we'd be lucky to get £8m for Fazio! :levywtf:

The combined fees for Fazio, Pritchard and Bentaleb mentioned are £27m, don't think that's too unrealistic personally - even decent Championship players are transferring for £10m+ now.

I think we as Spurs fans are a bit behind the curve (not a bad thing), but transfer fees are way in excess of what we are used to seeing as reasonable - getting players like Alli for £5m skews our collective reality imo.

With those three going i think it's obvious we will buy more. One or two players. And 10£M for Nabs it's a good deal for the club who buys him. I see him triving in italian football.
Would like to see him at Roma or napoli

Back
Top Bottom