Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumours that Stoke are interested in Bentaleb.
raining_david_tennant.gif

fucking Stoke :harryhmm::sherwoodwtf:

am I in 'deam land' thinking we can negotiate a deal with a buy back clause? Or is there any point? It's like gambling... just one more roll, at what point do you say enough is enough and walk home a loser. There's no winning scenario here...

...unless we get 100m and he turns out to be dog shite. If he goes for £7m and occasionally puts in a shift people will flood threads saying we should have never sold. If he doesn't play and hangs around on the fringes his value will plummet and people will say we should have got rid.

Stick or twist??? Either or, not both

am I in 'deam land' thinking we can negotiate a deal with a buy back clause? Or is there any point? It's like gambling... just one more roll, at what point do you say enough is enough and walk home a loser. There's no winning scenario here...

...unless we get 100m and he turns out to be dog shite. If he goes for £7m and occasionally puts in a shift people will flood threads saying we should have never sold. If he doesn't play and hangs around on the fringes his value will plummet and people will say we should have got rid.

Stick or twist??? Either or, not both
It is not like we are selling Pat Jennings again, he has played half as many games for us as Stephen Clemence did.

I remember a quote about Chadli being like the kid in class who does almost nothing but still passes his exams, amount of times I have said to myself what is the point of Chadli only for him to pop up with a goal. Work rate is not good enough for a pressing high tempo system but he would be a great purchase for a mid level prem team like Swansea.

Just how I feel about Chadli

On numerous occasions while watching him play and me getting more and more frustrated and about to post something appropriate then up he pops with a good goal out of nowhere but if we can get £15 mill then get rid especially if he's not in Poch's plans.

Didn't do much today either but he wasn't alone there!

Should be looking to shift Bentaleb, Carroll and Mason in my opinion. The are not good enough.

Bentaleb can be replaced by youth as he was not even involved last season so there is no gap to fill.

The same for Carroll, but more so that his current ability should be the easiest to replace via a youth option.

Mason, I would replace with a signing if the value is there. If we can get a upgrade on him for a reasonable fee then why not, if not I would keep around. Rather have a larger squad then panic if we get a few injuries.

Chadli is another, similar to Mason. If there is a viable upgrade then look to move on, however I would not be looking to sell of the sake of it as he is very useful in the squad.

Winks -> Carroll
Onomah -> Bentaleb
Edwards -> Pritchard

If we're looking to get rid of Bentaleb and Pritchard then those I imagine should be used to take their squad places. Onomah made more appearences then Bentaleb last season and will only get better with more game time, he's obviously well liked and Poch trusts him more than he does Bentaleb.

I've always liked the look of Winks whenever he's given any sort of time with the team, looks so assured on the ball and I don't see anything Carroll does better. Carroll has the experience of playing first level football with the numerous loans he's had and playing Premier League football but with Wanyama coming in, Winks is more than capable of being a solid fifth choice central midfielder to play in the likes of League Cup games or to come on late in games against Hull when we're 8-0 up.

imagine having to play Mason and Carroll at the same time in the champions league

Dwight-Schrute-Laughing.gif

:levyeyes::pochbye::pochfacepalm:

Imagine having to watch Bentelub showboating and giving the ball away in the CL quarter finals away to someone like RM

Never mind a loan get rid and keep Tommy which is what I think Poch will do

Not so sure about Mason though especially making him captain today but I suppose the Titanic also had a captain!

Just how I feel about Chadli

On numerous occasions while watching him play and me getting more and more frustrated and about to post something appropriate then up he pops with a good goal out of nowhere but if we can get £15 mill then get rid especially if he's not in Poch's plans.

Didn't do much today either but he wasn't alone there!

Yep I have nothing against the likes of Mason, Carroll, Chadli, Niji etc but if they are not going to make it sell them, it will raise cash, free up space for Onomah, Winks, Edwards and give them a chance at a club that might actually play them regularly.

Back
Top Bottom