Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not too concerned. We are doing a Hull City lads! We have our first team, and a super sub in Onomah, which is even better than Shaun Maloney. Having a small squad keeps the players together.

Joking. I'm pretty much concerned. I really hope we have replacements lined up. At this point in time the deals should already have been done.

Just logged back on here to read Son could be on his way out, it's like a sunday car-boot sale at spurs right now. Levy standing behind a decorators table covered in old dvd's, some shitty vinyl records, and half the first team. It's getting late now, everyone's going home, 50p for Fazio anyone?
I've got back into vinyi lately . Sound quality superior to digital ( warmer, wider band ) .
Picked up new 12" copies of Pet Sounds BB , Ramones first , London Calling Clash ,
Royal Blood Brighton band , Nivernas Nevermind for the cover , sergio Mendes for the little lady ,
sly and family stone , Nick Drake and true anorak style a few Indie country such as the
Jayhawks . I wouldn't buy from Levy down at the car boot sale as there be over priced or scratched , couldn't trust the little geezer . HMV had a £10 LP deal on Father's Day in
Bury St Edmunds .

I've got back into vinyi lately . Sound quality superior to digital ( warmer, wider band ) .
Picked up new 12" copies of Pet Sounds BB , Ramones first , London Calling Clash ,
Royal Blood Brighton band , Nivernas Nevermind for the cover , sergio Mendes for the little lady ,
sly and family stone , Nick Drake and true anorak style a few Indie country such as the
Jayhawks . I wouldn't buy from Levy down at the car boot sale as there be over priced or scratched , couldn't trust the little geezer . HMV had a £10 LP deal on Father's Day in
Bury St Edmunds .
They sell vinyl in Sainsburys - they had NWA - in fucking Sainsburys

If the window shut tomorrow with the rumoured outs taking place and no ins then we can panick. It doesn't though.

Let's hold all this vitriol until we have all the facts. Maybe I'm naive (and I'm the sort that stays up watching SSN on deadline day until the end even after the guy at the gates has said we are done) but I refuse to believe that we're trimming all this "fat" without having something in the pipeline.

The only thing I don't like about it is this last minute stuff leaves us at the mercy of twats like the WBA chairmen who may well turn round last minute after we've settled our outs and say "actually I'm not selling". We'll just have to hold tight and see how the next few days pan out.

If we sell Mason Chadli son and bring in zaha N'Koudou and Isco plus promote the likes of Edwards then I'll be reasonably happy. If we do the former but just sign N'Koudou and Zaha I'll be less so.

My only real concern is we seem to be showing no interest in a playmaker to cover dembele and that has been our biggest issue since his suspension. Desperately hoping we have someone lined up to address that.

Bury St Edmunds .

Selling scratched up, overpriced used vinyl - Levy must be working for Oxfam then :freund:

The only thing I don't like about it is this last minute stuff leaves us at the mercy of twats like the WBA chairmen who may well turn round last minute after we've settled our outs and say "actually I'm not selling". We'll just have to hold tight and see how the next few days pan out.
Hang on. What about the cunt that always leaves us at the mercy of "twats like the WBA chairman". Is he not, by your own definition, an even bigger twat for doing so.

It's getting nearer to Levy time lads, get your excuses in early - the deal was due to complete but the cat pissed on the fax machine. :levylol:

They had an article on one of the tabloids or sports news type sites in the summer, all about the De Gea saga and whether or not there was an issue with faxing the docs.

The knowledgeable chap involved (might have worked at FIFA, UEFA or been an agent or something) was talking about how they've used this FIFA portal thingy for years, where you log in and upload the documents, and no one uses fax machines.

With that in mind, you want to hope to shit that it doesn't get to 10.25pm on Wednesday when we're desperately trying to install Chrome because Internet Explorer freezes, as we're still stuck on IE8 and Windows Vista service pack 1 on the office PC.

If the window shut tomorrow with the rumoured outs taking place and no ins then we can panick. It doesn't though.

Let's hold all this vitriol until we have all the facts. Maybe I'm naive (and I'm the sort that stays up watching SSN on deadline day until the end even after the guy at the gates has said we are done) but I refuse to believe that we're trimming all this "fat" without having something in the pipeline.

If we sell Mason Chadli son and bring in zaha N'Koudou and Isco plus promote the likes of Edwards then I'll be reasonably happy. If we do the former but just sign N'Koudou and Zaha I'll be less so.

My only real concern is we seem to be showing no interest in a playmaker to cover dembele and that has been our biggest issue since his suspension. Desperately hoping we have someone lined up to address that.

The list of outplayers for me is not an issue, most are not first teamers. I would rather play Carter-Vickers, Winks and Onomah than Fazio, Mason or Nije so at least we are blooding youngsters who have a much higher potential ceiling.

Apart from Bentaleb with what seems to be personal issues we are not getting rid players that add impact. My issue is that it's pretty obvious Dembele and Eriksen need competition, that will not come from what we have got. I like us trimming the fat as it were but to do well when our competition is significantly improving this season needs a bit of added quality. For me the below would be a good window. 9 out 6 in and some young players promoted.

Out
Ward
Ball
Fazio
Mason
Carroll
Nije
Bentaleb (wasn't to keen but if it ain't working it ain't working)
Son (like Bentaleb unsure but if Poch doesn't want him so be it)
Pritchard
Yedlin

In
Waynama
Janssen
Nkoudou
Lopez
Isco (give Eriksen a kick up the bum)
A CM to cover Dembele

They had an article on one of the tabloids or sports news type sites in the summer, all about the De Gea saga and whether or not there was an issue with faxing the docs.

The knowledgeable chap involved (might have worked at FIFA, UEFA or been an agent or something) was talking about how they've used this FIFA portal thingy for years, where you log in and upload the documents, and no one uses fax machines.

With that in mind, you want to hope to shit that it doesn't get to 10.25pm on Wednesday when we're desperately trying to install Chrome because Internet Explorer freezes, as we're still stuck on IE8 and Windows Vista service pack 1 on the office PC.

Imagine we get a deal for Isco, Coric or someone like that and it fall through because of a PC issue.

Imagine we get a deal for Isco, Coric or someone like that and it fall through because of a PC issue.

Lol yes, that annoying as fuck thing where all of a sudden you get the dead robot face appear on all the tabs on chrome, hear a chime, and realise that Windows has decided, of it's own volition, that it's going to close all of your programs and restart automatically....

:pochserious:

Same, that's why I'd only be for it, if we reinvested the money into the squad. I'd much rather we sold Son and brought in Rafa Silva and Isco
That's fair enough. Just the thought that we would sell Son just because the offer was too good, not because it would improve the squad. That's what winds me up.

Pretty much what I said minus actually calling levy a name. Is that all u skim read post for?
But you called the WBA chairman a twat. If we're honest about it though, he and Levy both acted like a pair of twats. Peace got left with a striker who wouldn't play for them, we were left to play out a season with only one striker. A situation that may have cost us the title.

Back
Top Bottom