Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe there was more to Mitchell leaving then we all thought? Especially considering everyone now seems to be leaving.
Agreed. The speculation at the time was that he became disillusioned when we lost Bats, but it's hard to imagine him leaving because one prospective signing turns bad. There has to be more to it including, but not limited to, the fact we appears to have had everything lined-up with Wijnaldum (following, apparently, a visit to Poch's house) only for the clubs to fail to agree the financials.

But you called the WBA chairman a twat. If we're honest about it though, he and Levy both acted like a pair of twats. Peace got left with a striker who wouldn't play for them, we were left to play out a season with only one striker. A situation that may have cost us the title.
Never disputed that. However I hesitate to call Levy names as I am able to see on balance all the good he has done for the club despite his obvious shortcomings.

He's earnt a little more respect/gratitude than that.

Edit: plus peace was far the bigger twat in that deal. We were offering good money for Berahino and he made every bid and negotiation public as he was enjoying the limelight and trying to make a name for himself.

55m for Mason, Son and Chadli
cryinglaughsmiley.jpg
cryinglaughsmiley.jpg

This is enough to permanently cure my ED problem

Isco only has 2 years left on his contract.
So a loan would seem even more unlikely.
Which would have been our most likely hope of getting him.

Really fear poch is going to get pissed off with levy's lack of investment & stupid games.

Nothing to suggest we will get in the few players we need with levy still in charge.

Isco only has 2 years left on his contract.
So a loan would seem even more unlikely.
Which would have been our most likely hope of getting him.

Really fear poch is going to get pissed off with levy's lack of investment & stupid games.

Nothing to suggest we will get in the few players we need with levy still in charge.
I too would worry about Poch getting pissed off but his recent comments about youth policies doesn't scream "I'm getting pissed off with us not spending big".

It's said every window, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors but it does seem as though Poch has as good a relationship with levy as any previous manager has. Obviously that can change but for now I trust they are on the same page.

Time will tell of course.

I too would worry about Poch getting pissed off but his recent comments about youth policies doesn't scream "I'm getting pissed off with us not spending big".

It's said every window, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors but it does seem as though Poch has as good a relationship with levy as any previous manager has. Obviously that can change but for now I trust they are on the same page.

Time will tell of course.
We are doing the opposite to spending big.
We don't know what they are thinking.
But I feel poch would have wanted more than what he has been left with.

I'd like to think we are aiming for top 4.
If that's the case then either,
Levy hasn't spent enough,
poch is deluded at how good our team is,
poch is getting pissed off with levy,
or I am wrong & we should expect poch to get us top 4 with this team.

or we are aiming for 5th-6th.

That's fair enough. Just the thought that we would sell Son just because the offer was too good, not because it would improve the squad. That's what winds me up.

Poch hasn't been playing him though - you've got to trust that he's now the manager (rather than coach), so he's allowed to have his own team. It's no coincidence that the player's we're selling haven't really been anywhere near the first team - we're hardly doing a Crystal Palace and flogging our best starting players for mouth watering fees.

We are doing the opposite to spending big.
We don't know what they are thinking.
But I feel poch would have wanted more than what he has been left with.

I'd like to think we are aiming for top 4.
If that's the case then either,
Levy hasn't spent enough,
poch is deluded at how good our team is,
poch is getting pissed off with levy,
or I am wrong & we should expect poch to get us top 4 with this team.

or we are aiming for 5th-6th.
I'd be shocked if we weren't aiming for top 4 at a minimum. And I'd have thought if anything the last two seasons have earned Poch a little bit of trust if he does think the squad is ok. We had all this with the outrage at not signing a DM remember.

Anyway before this goes off at a tangent I'm not saying we don't need additions. We do and I'm sure Poch feels we do. Window hasn't closed yet.

Ive only just read the Winjaldum 'poch house' quotes, Spurs fans going spastic on Twitter when in reality us bot agreeing financial terms is us not paying the 90,000 a week 5 year contract Liverpool offered him. Dont think anyone would expect him to become our 3rd highest paid player at tge club whilst rotating with Eriksen.

Ive only just read the Winjaldum 'poch house' quotes, Spurs fans going spastic on Twitter when in reality us bot agreeing financial terms is us not paying the 90,000 a week 5 year contract Liverpool offered him. Dont think anyone would expect him to become our 3rd highest paid player at tge club whilst rotating with Eriksen.

Or paying £23m for him :dierno:

They had an article on one of the tabloids or sports news type sites in the summer, all about the De Gea saga and whether or not there was an issue with faxing the docs.

The knowledgeable chap involved (might have worked at FIFA, UEFA or been an agent or something) was talking about how they've used this FIFA portal thingy for years, where you log in and upload the documents, and no one uses fax machines.

With that in mind, you want to hope to shit that it doesn't get to 10.25pm on Wednesday when we're desperately trying to install Chrome because Internet Explorer freezes, as we're still stuck on IE8 and Windows Vista service pack 1 on the office PC.

Yeah, i'll take a fax over an antiquated operating system any day - if it's anything like the kind of trouble I have getting a decent illegal match day stream :levystare:

I know this is Enron style massaging of the figures and a lot of ifs and buts, but: if you consider Bentaleb a sale this window and assume 12 mil for Mason, we are roughly 50 million in? If you add
12 ish on for Nkoudou and 6 ish for Lopez we are sort of break even territory (maybe make a small profit). If you don't include Bentaleb we've sort of spent what some rumors said we'd have to spend this window? :lennon:

By everyone I think he means staff, hasn't an U18's coach just gone to Man U?
McKenna has been here longer than Mitchell. He used to play for our academy until his hip fucked his career up. He's relatively new himself, he seems to make the step from player to coach pretty quick. I think he started his coaching career 12/13.
Don't think that he'd be leaving because a bloke who came in a couple of years ago is leaving.

Edit: what staff are leaving because of Mitchell.

Or paying £23m for him :dierno:
The fact is, once again we have a player our manager really wants to sign. We have a player who really wants to join us. And once again we fail to land the player due to Levy refusing to sanction the deal. What makes this even more hard to take, we seemingly lost out to fucking team that's only qualified for CL football once in the last decade and finished 8th last season. It's all very well for us to say he ain't worth whatever. Klopp and Poch obviously think he is.
Evidence, once again, the Levy will always put profit over progress

Back
Top Bottom