Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chadli has been at Tottenham as long as Eriksen and Lamela, both of whom are vital cogs to the Pochettino system. Chadli a key player last season, seems to have regressed (maybe after his father's passing) and not a vital cog, he's been over taken by non-CL experienced players Alli, Kane even Son. You can quote those stats but they are somewhat skewed in that Chadli is not a starter or plays every game. He is useful squad player, but if the right deal came along I would not be sad to see him go, also £25m?:levylol::pochrolleyes:
I find your argument inconsistent. I said Chadli was an excellent sub, not a starter. Kane never really overtook him, because Kane didn't compete with Chadli for a position. Chadli's been used as a wide forward the whole time, while Kane's been a striker the whole time. Son hasn't overtaken Chadli generally, since they usually play different positions (Son either as the right-sided forward or striker, Chadli usually as the left-sided forward). Alli has arguably overtaken Chadli, but that hasn't really come from Chadli playing worse than last year. He's not really been worse. Alli has just exploded on the scene.

Yes, there are sub effects in stats, but the point I have made is that if you are looking for someone to be a sub, not a starter, then you're not going to find many players who can do what Chadli does and still be happy as a sub. And yes, 25 million. If we sell Paulinho for 9 million, do you really think Chadli's only worth 6 million more than that?

No, he really isn't

Biased stats from a limited amount of games will never twist that

You don't need numbers to tell you that either - just a basic understanding of football and a pair of working eyes. Guess how many CL clubs will be queuing to buy him this summer?
About as many as will be trying to sign Christian Eriksen. Probably none.

I find your argument inconsistent. I said Chadli was an excellent sub, not a starter. Kane never really overtook him, because Kane didn't compete with Chadli for a position. Chadli's been used as a wide forward the whole time, while Kane's been a striker the whole time. Son hasn't overtaken Chadli generally, since they usually play different positions (Son either as the right-sided forward or striker, Chadli usually as the left-sided forward). Alli has arguably overtaken Chadli, but that hasn't really come from Chadli playing worse than last year. He's not really been worse. Alli has just exploded on the scene.

Yes, there are sub effects in stats, but the point I have made is that if you are looking for someone to be a sub, not a starter, then you're not going to find many players who can do what Chadli does and still be happy as a sub. And yes, 25 million. If we sell Paulinho for 9 million, do you really think Chadli's only worth 6 million more than that?

There are plenty of young players out there who will be as good and happy to appear off the bench to do a job, just because they don't have 'champions league' quality doesn't make them any less better.

£25m of Chadli is the Chinese price, everyone else is £15m which is bite your hand off money. We signed him for less than £6m so over and above that Levy will be laughing.

No one will value Chadli at 25 mil - you've lost the plot on this one

He's a 12-14 mil player for a mid-table PL club where he can start - Sigurdsson mk2 - nothing more
Really, you think that's all we would sell him for? Thank fuck you're just posting on a forum. Then again, you also though Falcao would have been a good signing.

Really, you think that's all we would sell him for? Thank fuck you're just posting on a forum. Then again, you also though Falcao would have been a good signing.
He could have been - we'll never know

You're insane if you think any club in Europe would pay 25m for Nacer Chadli

There are plenty of young players out there who will be as good and happy to appear off the bench to do a job, just because they don't have 'champions league' quality doesn't make them any less better.

£25m of Chadli is the Chinese price, everyone else is £15m which is bite your hand off money. We signed him for less than £6m so over and above that Levy will be laughing.
Which young players are out there who would be as good? Genuinely, tell me who. I do happen to have a list of young players across Europe who could replace him, and there are currently 2 who have a higher per 90 output than him. Others will improve and can probably go beyond that, but people love to overstate "good" based on the eye test. The eye test bought us Paulinho. The numbers bought Son, and got Dier moved to DM.

Hype as in 35 goals a season hype?

Why are you changing the argument anyway?
I'm not.

I'm ribbing you over your claims about Falcao, when everyone and their brother was warning how bad he was going to be at United. And he was.

But, as I was saying about Chadli, he's a Champion's League-quality player, and is a great sub option for us. He would not be easy to replace, and selling him for 15 million would be considerably undervaluing him.

Which young players are out there who would be as good? Genuinely, tell me who. I do happen to have a list of young players across Europe who could replace him, and there are currently 2 who have a higher per 90 output than him. Others will improve and can probably go beyond that, but people love to overstate "good" based on the eye test. The eye test bought us Paulinho. The numbers bought Son, and got Dier moved to DM.

Watch out lads I've got Championship Manager fired up and his value is £25m, the stats tell me that Chadli is equal to Kane and Alli for chances created, goals scored, BMI, Tony n Guy hair styling, social media footprint etc, etc, etc...

I don't need to tell you any names as I don't sit with a spreadsheet of all the young players plying their trade across Europe. However I am sure Mitchell is sat in his blackbox looking at the same data.

I'm not.

I'm ribbing you over your claims about Falcao, when everyone and their brother was warning how bad he was going to be at United. And he was.

But, as I was saying about Chadli, he's a Champion's League-quality player, and is a great sub option for us. He would not be easy to replace, and selling him for 15 million would be considerably undervaluing him.
Just because he was bad at that shambles of a team - doesn't mean he would have been equally bad for us - ludicrous logic.

15m for Chadli would be a steal - he's a mid-table level player - no shame in that

He really isn't. Ryan Bertrand, Djimi Traore and David May all Champions League quality players? They've got winners medals FFS

£15m is still probably an over inflation of Chadli's value. He is a squad player and not a starter.

Watch out lads I've got Championship Manager fired up and his value is £25m, the stats tell me that Chadli is equal to Kane and Alli for chances created, goals scored, BMI, Tony n Guy hair styling, social media footprint etc, etc, etc...

I don't need to tell you any names as I don't sit with a spreadsheet of all the young players plying their trade across Europe. However I am sure Mitchell is sat in his blackbox looking at the same data.
He's undoubtedly got a lot more data than I do, since I just looked at whoscored.

But my point stands. If you don't actually know any players who are better, why claim there are many? You don't actually know that to be the case at all.

Back
Top Bottom