Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ridiculous.
Honestly, 20mil player in a good year.
Slimani has 28 years too. Sporting is making super deals, almost as crazy as the robbery on the past weekend.

Agreed. Makes the losing of Kante for £30m hurt even more. But apparently, we're not actually paying that much because we're getting Slimani for £15m instead of £30m, or something. Which allows Sporting to screw Silva's agent - Christ, I don't know. Murky world, Portuguese transfers.

We finished 3rd last season with that starting XI I hope I'm wrong but I see United, city and Chelsea all challenging for the league that leaves us, Woolwich and Liverpool fighting it out for 4th place both them teams have significantly strengthen their starting XI where as we have stood still, as I've mentioned before i thought breaking into the champions would allow us to really kick on and improve our XI not just squad and it hasn't been the case.

Im not saying go out and spend the amounts of the two Manchester clubs but flip me another season in profit, I just feel we've once again let a massive opportunity pass by, so so frustrating
Which one of our starting XI would you upgrade to make our team better, who would you upgrade them with that's available in the market, and how much would that player cost us? These are reasonable questions to your concern.

Not really, because if only 2-4 clubs who outspent us finish above us we've actually proved that spending more does not necessarily equate to success.

I couldn't disagree more with this. If we go back to Europa or worse, it can only be seen as a lost opportunity, given our young dynamic roster and the rise of Poch. It would also guarantee that we would likely lose the likes of Lloris, Eriksen, and potentially others who crave an ambitious club with CL play. We got there last season by giving chances to young players and it worked, now we need to stay there.

What u mean is because I miss read the line "this from 2 years ago" you are avoiding addressing the valid points I made on a technicality. Everything I said still stands.

I wouldn't know - I didn't read what you said.

I simply replied with a table that was based on income. That's all. You then came back with a triumphant, caps locked howl about how we were 12th, not 10th, even after I had written, plain as day, that it was 2 years old, and as we all know TV money has risen significantly since then.

Look, I'm not arguing with you, your opinions are you own affair. If you say that everything you said stands, then I believe you.

I'm not getting the melty stuff mate. We have to choose this year. Do we play a weakened team in the Prem to cope with CL or vice versa? That's what some of us are concerned about. Do you really see us coping on those two fronts alone with our squad as it stands? Maybe you do, but then factor in the league & FA cups. Do you, hand on heart, think that we have the squad to compete in all competitions? I'm not angling for an argument, but surely we should be considerably stronger at the end of this window, bearing in mind what a potentially great season this could be in our last year at the lane?
I think we're in a stronger position this year than last, no doubt.

I just don't see where this 1st XI improvement everyone demands comes from.

Isco was the only player I saw that'd usurp anyone.

Losing out on those players we've been linked with today (Sissoko, Meyer etc.) hasn't changed anything. They aren't the difference between failure and success imo.

So finish work and am having a pint. Deliberately ignored transfer news all day, they even had it on in the bank where I stared up at the ceiling.
What brilliant signings have been made? Some cunt has shared knoudou's twitter picture from yesterday. Sissoko going Everton. Isco definitely not coming.

I wouldn't know - I didn't read what you said.

I simply replied with a table that was based on income. That's all. You then came back with a triumphant, caps locked howl about how we were 12th, not 10th, even after I had written, plain as day, that it was 2 years old, and as we all know TV money has risen significantly since then.

Look, I'm not arguing with you, your opinions are you own affair. If you say that everything you said stands, then I believe you.
Caps locked howl? Ur such a joke.

U tried to make a point about us not spending enough and claimed we were 10th richest in Europe. I pointed out the inaccuracies in ur statement and highlighted why the "facts" u provided didn't support ur argument. If u can't admit u were wrong that's fine though, just don't get on ur high horse.

Shambolic window. I said from day one that we absolutely needed to strengthen the first 11 to push on, we aren't doing so. Wanyama and Janssen are nice signings and it's good we addressed these positions, but it's simply not good enough. We'll be in the europa league again next season, we're standing still while our competitors are rapidly moving forward

I couldn't disagree more with this. If we go back to Europa or worse, it can only be seen as a lost opportunity, given our young dynamic roster and the rise of Poch. It would also guarantee that we would likely lose the likes of Lloris, Eriksen, and potentially others who crave an ambitious club with CL play. We got there last season by giving chances to young players and it worked, now we need to stay there.

But if we got there by giving young players a chance why do we feel the need to replace them with expensive purchases to stay there? In fact, should we suddenly outspend most of the 16 clubs who are currently above us in the 'who spent the most' league, what does that say to the youth that got us there in the first place?

I really don't understand your point, you've just lauded the youth that got us to the top 4 as a follow up to a post that complained we haven't spent enough buying new players. o_O

giphy.gif

ok lets meltdown together. Santini out!

To be fair, we heard all this last season

"Disastrous transfer window"
"Transitional season"
"All of our rivals have strengthened"

etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom