Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What only 1005? Should be close to the battle of Hastings by now.

Feels like the rumours flying around right now have much more substance than a week ago. Beginning to believe.

Another day nears its close and another day of behind the scenes progress or wilful deceit?

I remember Ferguson applied the same or very similar method to Shankly in terms of who he added to his squad.

Identify your targets despite your on-field success. Then buy 2 players who could challenge the mainstays, buy one or two youngsters. Rarely failed even when those teams who could buy players increased.

I get completely that we cannot compete on the top shelf and I also do get that we have some top shelf performers but how does it equate that teams below and around and above us can not just see players worth acquiring but also that they can close deals?

Even if we stick solely to the shelf at our eye shot it is a really peculiar position to be in, made worse by having received a mass of money to add to any that we might have spare in the transfer kitty.

Yes it needs assessing but the notion that we alone find it so difficult to get the right player insults us fans.

It is thus far a shocker of a transfer window.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNN!!!

If we end the window with Sanchez, Barkley and Balde, or even Sanchez, Diop and Balde, we'd have gone from doing 'poor business' to having one of the best windows.

If we Martial then we would have done the best business of all.

Another day nears its close and another day of behind the scenes progress or wilful deceit?

I remember Ferguson applied the same or very similar method to Shankly in terms of who he added to his squad.

Identify your targets despite your on-field success. Then buy 2 players who could challenge the mainstays, buy one or two youngsters. Rarely failed even when those teams who could buy players increased.

I get completely that we cannot compete on the top shelf and I also do get that we have some top shelf performers but how does it equate that teams below and around and above us can not just see players worth acquiring but also that they can close deals?

Even if we stick solely to the shelf at our eye shot it is a really peculiar position to be in, made worse by having received a mass of money to add to any that we might have spare in the transfer kitty.

Yes it needs assessing but the notion that we alone find it so difficult to get the right player insults us fans.

It is thus far a shocker of a transfer window.
I swear you say the same shit with every post.

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

Spurs representatives have arrived at Ajax. This'll end well.

"twenty million Euros? No? fifteen?"
Reasons to be positive is that all our previous signings from ajax went through fairly quick & with no fall out (from what I can remember).
So seems like we have a decent relationship with them.
& we didn't steal de boer as manager either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom