Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that's a real one though

maxi-muffin-top.jpg
:ledleylick:

So exciting. I'm going over to check out the Saints forum. Bet it's on fucking meltdown

No need

CJJ CJJ Posted earlier

davefoggy

Couldn't agree more. Gazza came to the club with a lot of excitement as the next big thing. He was playing week in week out at Gillingham and we have had in reserve for years without really giving him a good run. I always thought he did well when he came in and looks a lot more mobile than Fraser. His distribution is far better and he is happy to come off his line. Just needed games with a decent back 4 in front of him.
Poch ain't no mug, he knows he's getting a good keeper. Our loss, Spurs gain

No need

CJJ CJJ Posted earlier

davefoggy

Couldn't agree more. Gazza came to the club with a lot of excitement as the next big thing. He was playing week in week out at Gillingham and we have had in reserve for years without really giving him a good run. I always thought he did well when he came in and looks a lot more mobile than Fraser. His distribution is far better and he is happy to come off his line. Just needed games with a decent back 4 in front of him.
Poch ain't no mug, he knows he's getting a good keeper. Our loss, Spurs gain
As I said. Meltdown!!

If we end up with Davinson Sanchez, Serge Aurier, Juan Foyth, Gazzaniga, Rossy B along with Sessegnon and Sancho for the dev team pushing the first team squad it will have to go down as a fantastic window, one of the best I can remember and one that will allow us to continue to grow. I'd take it right now in a heartbeat!

It's so funny seeing rival fans angry that they're missing out on Aurier.

That should tell you all you need to know about his ability and how much of an improvement he is.
Don't know if he's an improvement yet, but I definitely think it's good business selling Walker for 50 and buying Aurier for 23

Thats getting a bit too close to "I'm not racist. I have friends that are black".
Yeah ok mate.
I just wonder if he has otherwise he'd know what I was trying to get at.

Me and another friend worked for a gay couple in the early 90's. Renovating their properties. Great blokes. Both sadly died.
I worked with a lot of gay people for EMI in the 80's and made close friends with another couple who only just have been able to get married.
My best friend of 30yrs who has just moved out of London was Gay so I don't see much of him anymore and at present I have one close Bisexual and one close Gay friend.
So, Fuck off.
I aint being told I don't know what homophobia is.
I was trying making a point. Silly bollocks said I failed.
It's context.
If someone asked me does Keegan suck McDermott off I May jokingly say ' yes, his balls and everything' I am not a homophobic. That's what Aurier did, but when someone asked him does blanc suck Zlatan off.
It's context.
I said I don't know the context as I don't speak French. When he appeared to say the word faggot I couldn't see him either. He wasn't on camera
But if he's homophobic then I'm not a fan. I don't want any racist, homophobic players associated with our club.
Ps Until I have real proof I am not judging him.

Do the math you fucking thick cunt.

You get a boost in revenue for one year.

A players contract is 6 years.

Let me think. What doesn't add up here. Hmmmm. Oh yeah, the lack of revenue the next 5 years you toss pot.

£25mil/ 52 weeks in a year = £471k extra per week for wages.

1. That isn't much divided by an entire squad. Give Kane, Deli, Lloris, Toby, Jan a new contract and it's gone.
2. That revenue is for 1 year only
3. £25mil is best case scenario. It could be £15 mil + match day revenue %.
4. I could use that 25 mil to pay off the interest on the stadium debt. Paying off debt + interest is going to make the club far richer far quicker than giving Dele 100k a week.
5. Players leave clubs regardless of wage. Look at Neymar. Giving Dele 100k a week makes him no more likely to stay than giving him 80k if we're not winning trophies.

I've tried to be kind and explain this nicely, but you're a fucking idiot with no sense of business.

The club can pay more in wages this year, yes. Due to the £30 mil a year Nike deal. Which, HOLY SHIT, THAT'S MORE MONEY THAN WEMBLEY OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. The Wembley deal is far less significant than you're making it out to be financially. Even then, Levy isn't going to double a players wages for no reason - he has had the same strategy for at least 8 years and it works.

All right Paddington Bear Pajama wearer, calm down lol!

"Do the math you fucking thick cunt. - You get a boost in revenue for one year."

We're moving into a new stadium next season?

The way I think some people have interpreted the Aurier thing is almost like they think he's the Ugandan preacher who did the 'eat the poo poo' thing

The way I think some people have interpreted the Aurier thing is almost like they think he's the Ugandan preacher who did the 'eat the poo poo' thing

So where does this Pator Martin Ssempa play then?

Sure, some of those descriptions are a bit off but I'm sure we can argue it was taken out of context or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom