Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he features in this book as a talent

The Nowhere Men https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0099580268/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4pzNzbF3DNKEP
All I can say is if he is as good a keeper as everyone says, why didn't they keep him?
Makes no sense.
He's not going straight into the first team here. Not even No2.
We don't even give our keepers the chance.
He must be exceptional yet he's 25 and being lodged by a club that's got Forster.
They must have better younger keeper or they have made a mistake.
Hopefully he's good.

So let's do a rundown here... Foyth, Aurier, Barkley, with possible moves for Sessegnon and Keita.

And while we thought we'd have more over the line by now, we've only got Sanchez (still not quite finished) and Gazzaniga through the door.

How fucking insane is Deadline Day shaping up to be? Is Levy trying to kill Jim White?

So let's do a rundown here... Foyth, Aurier, Barkley, with possible moves for Sessegnon and Keita.

And while we thought we'd have more over the line by now, we've only got Sanchez (still not quite finished) and Gazzaniga through the door.

How fucking insane is Deadline Day shaping up to be? Is Levy trying to kill Jim White?

Fuck Jim White.

Is he trying to kill us?

I've said it before. But Creamy White is a mad alky who used tae pish himsel in front of his father in law

All I can say is if he is as good a keeper as everyone says, why didn't they keep him?
Makes no sense.
He's not going straight into the first team here. Not even No2.
We don't even give our keepers the chance.
He must be exceptional yet he's 25 and being lodged by a club that's got Forster.
They must have better younger keeper or they have made a mistake.
Hopefully he's good.

Who knows. It's possible that Poch/Toni know more about him than Koeman/Puel/Les Reed did.

They've got a habit of getting talent in at a young age, and then not really doing much with it, I guess (except selling them on).

Maybe Toni thinks he can do good with him?

I don't pretend to know you for one moment, I don't want to lecture you either but there are two prevalent things here that I am going to reply with and I accept that you may well completely disagree..

The Auschwitz remark I made is perhaps a little deeper than a flippant remark as gay people were sent there too to die, they were also victims of the genocide. That kind of hatred is rooted in thinking anyone who is different to you is not human.

The term 'faggot' is incredibly degrading towards gay people, it might be born of ignorance, but I don't think it's healthy to let it pass unchallenged, otherwise people might just keep using it...

I am sorry to go off topic on a transfer thread and a bit heavily too but thought I would at least explain why it does matter from my perspective.

How many gay elite football players can you name? Zero is my guess. Statistically there should be a reasonable amount shouldn't it? If it's 1% than it should be 5-6 players in the premier league, and still you can't name one? Why. Because the whole footballing community is very homophobic. He'll fit right in.

Is this a problem? Of course it is. It's fucking disgusting. But sadly enough he won't be worse than anybody else. If you want to avoid homophobic footballers watch women's football.

Zero content in this thread it's just people blabbering at this point
overload-star-trek.gif

How many gay elite football players can you name? Zero is my guess. Statistically there should be a reasonable amount shouldn't it? If it's 1% than it should be 5-6 players in the premier league, and still you can't name one? Why. Because the whole footballing community is very homophobic. He'll fit right in.

Is this a problem? Of course it is. It's fucking disgusting. But sadly enough he won't be worse than anybody else. If you want to avoid homophobic footballers watch women's football.

There's not much I disagree with but when someone says something racist/homophobic they deserve to get called out for it, that shouldn't change because we're signing up a player who's been called out for it.

Lloris/ Vorm/ Gazzaniga

Aurier/ Trippier
Rose/ Davies

Alderweireld/ Vertonghen/ Sanchez/ Foyth

Wanyama/ Dier

Dembele/ Winks

Alli/ Eriksen/ Barkley/ Lamela

Kane/ Son

Sancho & Sessegnon for the development squad so they are ready to push the first team next year, as well as offering us depth should we get injuries this season.

I think this would set us up very nicely for the rest of the year and it's not too many signings that we lose a bit of our identity. I'm hoping we end up with a window looking like this.

Last edited:
There's not much I disagree with but when someone says something racist/homophobic they deserve to get called out for it, that shouldn't change because we're signing up a player who's been called out for it.

I don't understand French so I can't really judge the video I found. Is there one where he speaks English also, or Swedish?

Isn't it just jargon? How many "fagott" can be heard if you had a mic on all players during any game? How many puta madre? Or cunt? Are those expressions any better? Think it's just jargon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom