Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that not like saying that "man" isn't a derogatory term, but if someone called your mrs one....?

People use terms to draw behavioural comparisons. I believe Aurier insinuated Blanc was gay not as a derogatory insult, but to flippantly justify the way he fawned over Ibra.

(Not justifying it, but there's clearly a disconnect in what people say is homophobia and what really isn't).

Was reacting to Bagelboy Bagelboy not Auriers comments.

Let me get this straight I am not condoning homophobia. Just trying to make a point.
We own the word yid.
Blacks have owned the word nigga
Some gays ever feel they should own the word faggot and reclaim it.
Some don't agree.
I was trying to make a point ffs.

You failed.

Not meaning to start another cunt-off on this glorious signing day I have put on my tin-foil hat.

The BBC have been running quite a few stories regarding homophobia on the terraces over the last few days.
Obviously it is a serious issue but not suddenly in the last week.
If/when we sign this Aurier guy I think we can all guess the headline they'll run with :(

They'll no doubt allow the masses to have their say as well (for balanced debate reasons :()

If everything goes according to plan, we are looking to sign 6 players this window.

Sanchez, Aurier*, Barkley* and new winger(Balde??) as first team players.

Gazzaniga and Foyth will join the development squad.

If we did buy him for £2-3m then haven't we overpaid for him? Hope we paid less and not more.
They paid £2.5m to take him from Gillingham. He had extended his contract in 2015 so had 2 years left of a total 6 yr contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom