Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to link for obvious reasons, but some shitty daily rag is claiming Pulis is after both Wimmer AND Vinny for £30 million.

I see the rationale behind us allowing Wimmer to leave, but who's in the pipeline to replace Vinny? One guy has been plugging the possibility of us signing Dembele (Celtic) this window but, as far as I can see, he's the only source for this rumour.

Do we have another striker on our radar, or are we reverting back to Son as our back-up striker?

I'd snatch his fucking hand off.

What we were trying to get Lopez down to after taking him on loan with the option.
So we bought the cheaper option not the better?
He was 19 he joined Pochettino at saints wasn't he.
Strange he never went for him instead of Lopez in the first place.

Too many "what ifs" to even consider.

Was Lopez shit? Was he unhappy in London? Did he want game time? Were we expecting to sell Lloris or Vorm, but couldn't? Did he struggle with the language?

Very strange signing. I doubt we'll see him play.

When Poch talked about "Pushing everyone, giving them competition" I wasn't thinking Goal keeper.

A couple of signings or even one, outfield player who doesn't have court case pending, doesn't need work permit, injury free and available to be in the squad for the next match on Sunday, will do nicely.

Obviously. For Man City this amounts to £1,000,000 a season. Sure, it's pennys, and Wembley is probably less than £500k a year, but it's still another factor draining away profits.

People who think we've doubled our revenue by moving to Wembley are insane.

Well technically, if we sell twice as many tickets, we would be doubling our revenue wouldn't we?

If you are talking about gross or nett profit then thats a different thing altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom