Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fucking christ a signed player holding a shirt!!!

Lads it's been a long hard slog, many sin bins, many men ignored, some laughs and a few buckets of vomit but we got there...

We have signed one of the top 50 keepers in the league. What a time to be alive!

Yay another signing! :freundgoal:

200.gif
You get a like just for the Ryback gif

How much of that increase gate receipt do Tottenham get?

How much of that increased gate receipt do Wembley/FA/Council get?

We've rented out Wembley. This means we're costing the police money. This means we're costing the council money. This means we're costing the FA money. This means we're using money for maintenance, and god forbid, even flags.

Who do you think pays for all this shit? The FA? No, we do.

Wembley isn't a "Here, double your revenue for free" card. It baffles me that this slipped your mind.

Doubling the capacity (in ticket sales) would far outstrip the added costs and we would have to pay for Policing whether it be Wembley, WHL or Hackney Marshes.

You are terribly naive if you think that tight arse Levy hadn't used a slide rule and abacus to work out the profitability angle on this temporary move. If he could get a better return we'd be playing in Devon at the Dog & Duck.

welcome to the guy, but I don't really see the point in signing someone thats not going to play when we've binned jordan archer and like mcghee in the past couple of seasons who could have done the same.

Doubling the capacity (in ticket sales) would far outstrip the added costs and we would have to pay for Policing whether it be Wembley, WHL or Hackney Marshes.

Obviously. For Man City this amounts to £1,000,000 a season. Sure, it's pennys, and Wembley is probably less than £500k a year, but it's still another factor draining away profits.

People who think we've doubled our revenue by moving to Wembley are insane.

Gazzaniga tells me a few things
We weren't convinced with Lopez - the fee is undisclosed I'm interested to see if it's near £6m.
That we think Vorm is past his best
That we think Lloris is off and we need a second keeper with a little PL experience.
It's a strange one when we have Alfie Whitman and Brandon Austin.
I just hope the next 2 are not Foyth and Diop.
Would be very underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom