Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys realise Llorente is better than Janssen right? Good deal if we pull it off
Janssen has the potential to come good. He's still a youngster. Llorente is in the twilight of his career. I can understand the logic of an upgrade on Vinny in the short term, but I think it is a mistake to sell him. He should be loaned IMO.

I really think the whole dynamic of the market has changed, previously the premium was for those clubs to conclude business early now it is where the value is to be had before the scale of deals include.

Lorente ain't a bad but is not what we need, we need real pace in attack with end product.

Going form talking about Martial, Mahrez (don't like the guy), Martin etc to talking about Lorente is a bit shit, hopefully just media talk.

That is of course unless Lorente and a wide forward are both coming in which case I can see the sense.

Llorente is the complete opposite of our club. Levy wouldn't touch a 30 year old with no sell on value, especially at what's being quoted (£25m last I heard)

If it is that, I'd rather add in £5m and bid for Dembele.

What about his time at Bilbao? He's a very fine striker

I remember when we played Bilbao in a pre season friendly at WHL.

He was incredible. Obviously alot younger then but I think his physical ability hasn't changed. Never one to rely on pace and is unbelievable in the air. Has European experience and a much better plan B than Janssen.

Practically kept Swansea up with his goals

Lorente ain't a bad but is not what we need, we need real pace in attack with end product.

Going form talking about Martial, Mahrez (don't like the guy), Martin etc to talking about Lorente is a bit shit, hopefully just media talk.

That is of course unless Lorente and a wide forward are both coming in which case I can see the sense.
BBC are reporting it. Probably more to it that just tabloid crap.

Llorente is the complete opposite of our club. Levy wouldn't touch a 30 year old with no sell on value, especially at what's being quoted (£25m last I heard)

If it is that, I'd rather add in £5m and bid for Dembele.
I think the bid we had accepted was £15m.. I can see Levy paying that if he thinks he'll improve our squad, which he would.
edit- also with janssen leaving for something like £25m, we can definitely afford someone with little sell on value for £15m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom