Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on the main rumours so far today

Llorente - old and slow but he can score in the prem. Rather take him than let Chelsea add to their squad :)
Aurier - won't believe until it is official, but let's hope he's not pulling a Willian on us...is there such a thing of an exclusivity agreement between Levy & PSG....hmmmmm is a player I'm excited to sign if it happens !
Mahrez - right motivation, a great player, great to add to the squad, again love to sign him ahead of Chel/Ars just so they don't have him!
Origi- would prefer over Llorente, also shown can score a few goals in the prem, much younger, but can't see Liverpool selling to us
Barkley - never liked him, think is another highly overrated young english player, but again rather him come to us than Chels!
Moussa Dembele - this is almost the calibre of striker we need to be looking for! much better than llorente & origi
Demari Grey - nah not good enough.

I'd be happy at the end of the day if we get Aurier, Mahrez, Dembele
But am also hoping there are other deals being lined up in the background because we need another class striker and midfielder...did someone say Vardy.....

Lorente ain't a bad but is not what we need, we need real pace in attack with end product.

Going form talking about Martial, Mahrez (don't like the guy), Martin etc to talking about Lorente is a bit shit, hopefully just media talk.

That is of course unless Lorente and a wide forward are both coming in which case I can see the sense.

To be fair Martins was just a made up rumour with no substance, United were never selling Martial and Mahrez could still happen.

Llorente is of course a short term option but in my opinion could be very handy late in games that we are chasing. However I would also like to see a pacy attacker in.

But bed is soooo comfortable
giphy.gif

I think we need a very pacey attacker.
Perhaps would be 3rd time lucky for Pochettino (N'Jie, N'Koudou)

He would need to be good enough that Pochettino trusts him to start certain games. None of this 5 mins as a sub shit. Would offer us a different plan in certain games, and make us less predictable.

Its the one area we are lacking in that every other team doesn't lack in.

Llorente is just a white Benteke FFS.

Very slow and static which is the last thing we need in our attack.

Llorente is a great hold up man, target man to draw teams that have been sitting deep against us out a little bit. He has a good football mind and would form a good understanding with Dele and Eriksen.

Also one of the things we lacked against Burnley was an experienced head to calm things down. With his experience and how he plays we'd get a couple of years out of him (he's three years younger than Ibrahimovic) and it would definitely give our team a different option when we need it, be it off the bench or two up top. I'll take him and be happy but ONLY if we have that elusive pacey winger we also need.

Barkley, Gelson Martins and Llorente would be a top class end to our business (fuck it, let's throw Mahrez in there as well just for a laugh, not my money after all ;) )

COYS COYS COYS!!!!

Llorente makes sense for the following reasons:

1. Need for experience
2. Need for impact sub
3. Proven Prem goal scorer
4. Need someone now, this season

Personally I would only be happy for Vinny to go on loan, I actually really like the lad. If he can get a decent run in the premiership he can prove he is a top scorer but he needs a team willing to make him their No.1. for us we need a stop-gap until Vinny comes good, Llorente would give us this. So in conclusion I am happy with this in principal but not if Vinny is sold as a result.

Llorente is a good option up front. He may be 32, but he is very fit and we could get a couple of very good years from him. And if our ploy on Sunday of battering high balls to Toby for the last five minutes is anything to go by, I'd be keen to see him in there instead. A great return of goals for a struggling side last season also helps and im keen to see him getting his head on those lovely diagonal crosses from Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom