Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Everton conceded Europe was nothing short of a disgrace. Spend 30m on a keeper, great, but who's going to teach them the season is 38 games long?
They just gave up and let Woolwich finish above them. If they think that they are above the EL they are morons.
they laid down and died at klanfield , when a win there would have given them a proper shot at 4th.

tumblr_mzeewkEsbf1rlv3nko1_500.gif

June is such a boring month. Selfish bastards, going on holiday. And where's my new car I promised myself?

He'd be good back up, though I'd rather just persevere with Janssen if he's as hard working as we're all lead to believe. Don't think he's particularly good enough to start and score goals for Everton though.

For £5.25m he would have been worth a punt. We could have sold him for more after a season if it did not work out.

For £5.25m he would have been worth a punt. We could have sold him for more after a season if it did not work out.

Or we could persist with Janssen and put that extra £5.25m towards a new signing or their wages. Sandro Ramirez is not good enough for Tottenham.

Though I commend Everton for getting all their business done as quick as they can. We're not even in July yet. Pickford, Klaasen, Ramirez and closing in on Michael Keane too.

Our latest betting odds:

Lemar - 11/10 (Favourite)
Barkley - 7/4 (Favourite)
Gibson - 5/1 (Second favourite)
Gray - 8/1 (Second favourite)
King - 13/2 (Second favourite)

Or we could persist with Janssen and put that extra £5.25m towards a new signing or their wages. Sandro Ramirez is not good enough for Tottenham.

Though I commend Everton for getting all their business done as quick as they can. We're not even in July yet. Pickford, Klaasen, Ramirez and closing in on Michael Keane too.

Our latest betting odds:

Lemar - 11/10 (Favourite)
Barkley - 7/4 (Favourite)
Gibson - 5/1 (Second favourite)
Gray - 8/1 (Second favourite)
King - 13/2 (Second favourite)

So would you take King or Gray over Sandro Ramirez?

So the club has said that we're not signing any players?
If you read what the club has said which is that we need to go with young players and unearth more Dele Allis.
And that we can't compete with clubs offering double the wages we can, and that we will not be loaning out so many academy players because we want to give them chances of first team football here instead.

If you read that and actually pay attention to our policy, and tie into the fact we are now at the crunch end of a 700M pound stadium build, then you needn't be "disheartened" by our "lack of action" after 2 wks of the window being open.

If you expect Isco and Barkley and Lemar and a couple of Ajax players and everyone else you've never heard of for a combined 200 odd million, then like I said, blame yourself, but any lack of action is all in your head. You wasn't told there would be any action.

I wonder if we'll get someone moaning about us doing late business or signing players who aren't going to come in and perform off the bat and that doing late business means we start slowly. Despite us firmly debunking that theory last season.

Roll call....

Happens every year. I seem to remember a few saying our business wasn't good enough last season, Wanyama wasn't going to dislodge Dier/Dembele, Janssen was never going to dislodge Kane and the whole N'Koudou fiasco lasting months etc.

We then went 12 games unbeaten at the start of the season, which I believe was our best start to a league season for 30+ years. We were even 4 points clear of Chelsea going into October and about to smash Man City.

Happens every year. I seem to remember a few saying our business wasn't good enough last season, Wanyama wasn't going to dislodge Dier/Dembele, Janssen was never going to dislodge Kane and the whole N'Koudou fiasco lasting months etc.

We then went 12 games unbeaten at the start of the season, which I believe was our best start to a league season for 30+ years. We were even 4 points clear of Chelsea going into October and about to smash Man City.

People claiming City and Utd were going to walk the league with their respective coaches and signings.

People claiming City and Utd were going to walk the league with their respective coaches and signings.

No one can call anything. Teams over achieve, teams under achieve. We'll be written off AGAIN this season by everyone, mainly because of the Wembley deal - and we'll once again prove them all wrong.

I tell you what, if we get to grips with Wembley, we'll be a force. Chelsea in our first game there is a massive test and if we win, we have no excuses. They're likely to be without Hazard too.

If you read what the club has said which is that we need to go with young players and unearth more Dele Allis.
And that we can't compete with clubs offering double the wages we can, and that we will not be loaning out so many academy players because we want to give them chances of first team football here instead.

If you read that and actually pay attention to our policy, and tie into the fact we are now at the crunch end of a 700M pound stadium build, then you needn't be "disheartened" by our "lack of action" after 2 wks of the window being open.

If you expect Isco and Barkley and Lemar and a couple of Ajax players and everyone else you've never heard of for a combined 200 odd million, then like I said, blame yourself, but any lack of action is all in your head. You wasn't told there would be any action.
You had a lot more sense back when you were more negative. Do you genuinely believe I expect 200m spending 3 weeks into the window? I'd just like to see deals for the likes of Sessegnon go through, when it's obvious we're in for him.
Also, do you think we're relegated to shopping only from league 1? Of course we can afford the likes of Barkley and Lemar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom