Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
24xnmo2.jpg

Lynn, idea for a programme: "A scouting Partridge in Paris". Alan Partridge drives the length and breadth of France in a beaten up old Citroen C5, on a strict budget, scouting the latest, young French superstars on behalf of Tottenham Hotspur FC......no, I'm sorry Lynn, that's rubbish, it'll never work, I haven't thought it through. Just put Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank.

Thank heavens the transfer window finally swings open on Saturday.

I for one am glad that Tottenham Hotspur haven't flouted Premier League rules which, although they appear nowhere in the organisation's handbook, clearly state that the window doesn't open till 1 July. At 10 am probably, after breakfast.

What a contrast to the other clubs who have already illegally signed players pursuant to the spurious Premier League Rule V.2 (replacing the former Rule M.2). How we shall laugh when they are brought to book!

But, but, what do I say to my Utd and chav friends? Well nothing because I don't have any. My Watford, QPR, Villa, Palace, Everton, Fulham, Forest, Wycombe and Wolves mates think I'm a cunt as it stands. I wouldn't like to expose them to some of the entitlement on here.

It's weird, when I was at my worst on here, I still maintained I'd be happier in the champo playing good football with a real fanbase, than winning the PL playing the football AVB had us playing.....(two DMs at home to Hull protecting a 0-0 score line)

I still feel that way today and find it mind boggling how any Spurs fan can be complaining at this era. Exceeding our targets by two years, playing stunning football, scoring the most goals in the PL, conceding the least, unbeaten at home all season, building an amazing stadium, and an academy packed with eager young players who actually stand a massive chance to play for us.

But it's all shit because Barkley and Sessengon signed new contracts at their clubs, and we didn't sign Isco for 75M.
People shooting one out because twitter said we want Lemar.....yet NOT ONE person said last season "that Lemar looks decent, would like him here"....yet the sheep start losing their shit over him being linked with Woolwich.

Ridiculous

Ross Barkley hasn't signed a contract.

The only suggestion of that has come from a random bloke on Twitter with very unsubtle mental health issues.

Can only hope that Lemar gets frustrated with Woolwich fucking about which in turn frustrates Woolwich to the point where they go and sign Mahrez instead and we snatch Lemar.

So what the fuck's it all about then smart guy ?

My point is that for fans football is about winning stuff. Not making fucking profits.

And here we have it. The fundamental reason why people like you will never be satisfied.

If you think that glory is only attained by being "better than everyone else" then you're doing it wrong.

I refer you back to the link i posted previously:

Tell your kids not to be gloryhunting fans. They'll thank you in the end

Football is about so much more than just "winning stuff".

And here we have it. The fundamental reason why people like you will never be satisfied.

If you think that glory is only attained by being "better than everyone else" then you're doing it wrong.

I refer you back to the link i posted previously:

Tell your kids not to be gloryhunting fans. They'll thank you in the end

Football is about so much more than just "winning stuff".
In my opinion a true football fan is a tribalist who sticks with their club through thick and thin. Someone, who when the club is struggling, can get excited by one win in ten and still be proud to wear the badge in that moment of happiness. It's the journey of being a fan and it's enjoying the small victories and shreds of pleasure as well as the big ones. It's about being prepared to stand in the rain on a cold winter's weekday evening during a relegation battle and still feeling proud to represent your colours.

It's weird, when I was at my worst on here, I still maintained I'd be happier in the champo playing good football with a real fanbase, than winning the PL playing the football AVB had us playing.....(two DMs at home to Hull protecting a 0-0 score line)

I still feel that way today and find it mind boggling how any Spurs fan can be complaining at this era. Exceeding our targets by two years, playing stunning football, scoring the most goals in the PL, conceding the least, unbeaten at home all season, building an amazing stadium, and an academy packed with eager young players who actually stand a massive chance to play for us.

But it's all shit because Barkley and Sessengon signed new contracts at their clubs, and we didn't sign Isco for 75M.
People shooting one out because twitter said we want Lemar.....yet NOT ONE person said last season "that Lemar looks decent, would like him here"....yet the sheep start losing their shit over him being linked with Woolwich.

Ridiculous
Been saying this for the past few months.

There is no justifiable reason for any Spurs fan to be unsatisfied right now. Just look at those entitled cunts up the road, complaining about having "only" 17 years in the Champion's League and "only" multiple FA Cups in recent years. I hate that that sense of entitlement is seeping into our fandom. With our history over the past half a century people should be flat out fucking embarrassed acting like that.

Could probably be seen as short-termism but us signing Sessegnon always seemed a bit weird when we have two 25 ish year old left backs who we could rely on for the next 5 or so years (in theory).

Also I'd take Barkley in a heartbeat, don't care how frustrating he is there's plenty of talent there, think he just needs to be reigned in a bit like Dembele when we couldn't quite figure out where to play him, that said I wouldn't want him to hinder Winks progression so he'd have to be part of that front three of he came.

Could probably be seen as short-termism but us signing Sessegnon always seemed a bit weird when we have two 25 ish year old left backs who we could rely on for the next 5 or so years (in theory).

Also I'd take Barkley in a heartbeat, don't care how frustrating he is there's plenty of talent there, think he just needs to be reigned in a bit like Dembele when we couldn't quite figure out where to play him, that said I wouldn't want him to hinder Winks progression so he'd have to be part of that front three of he came.

Sessegnon will be a Bale - he plays as a number 11 more often for England and Fulham, so the LB thing is a bit misrepresented

He reminds me of Rose in that aspect, pacy and left footed so just bung him on the left somewhere. Undoubtedly has potential but he wouldn't see game time here for years in either role.

Maybe - he looks far more adapt at attacking than Rose, though.

Similar was said about Dele would "unlikely" see much first team, and he ended up like a fish to water, so it's hard to judge

Firstly, contrary to initial rumblings the deal he signed is 3 (rather than 5) years...

Maybe, as suggested by others, this is more about Fulham getting a decent price for him and he could still leave this window...?

Regardless, let's face it, missing out on him will be of no real detriment to our upcoming season.

Also our letting RS go, could also suggest that the club and our LBs are mutually content which would be great news in terms of stability and retaining quality personel.

Article: Spurs have said they will not pick up the phone to any potential suitors - stating, Kane will not be sold at any price
Headline: Spurs set Man UTD 200 Million Kane Challenge

So what the fuck's it all about then smart guy ?

My point is that for fans football is about winning stuff. Not making fucking profits.
We won more games than we ever have in a season last year. Stop being so hard on the club. We're as good as we've been for decades and all you're doing is bringing it down. Can you not just enjoy it? It seems you care more about transfers than winning games and the club improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom