Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell it truly is insufferable on here at the moment.

I've read all sorts about people saying "I wish we'd just for once sign players early and not wait until last minute", but when we sign players early, the same kind of posters ignore it and are slagging off the club for not signing 30 players on TDD.

Imagine being a Bournemouth fan - they've been waiting for Defoe to be announced for about 2 months now :roflmao:

I've read all sorts about people saying "I wish we'd just for once sign players early and not wait until last minute", but when we sign players early, the same kind of posters ignore it and are slagging off the club for not signing 30 players on TDD.

Imagine being a Bournemouth fan - they've been waiting for Defoe to be announced for about 2 months now :roflmao:

Fucking hell mate don't start our lot off on Defoe again hahaha, Jermain wept.

Just been looking for random crumbs of gossip on twitter. Thought 'THFC' was a good hashamabob to search for.

What do I get? A lot of bellends with 'thfc' usernames narrating their every thought/emotion on some reality TV dating show
:avbfacepalm:

News about thfc on Twitter

He'll stay at Fulham for at least a year. I imagine if he continues to develop well, he'll leave next season for about £20,000,000+

If Fulham get promoted, I imagine he'll either stay an extra year or he may sign for another club and be loaned back.

Either way, can't help but feel that the boat has sailed and we'll never see him in a Spurs shirt.
He's not really been playing LB for Fulham. He's more of a winger and played in advance of the LB.
I don't think his defending is yet up to much otherwise Fulham would be using him there.
If Liverpool were buying him to be their first choice LB it's comical.
He needs to develop. He's a kid.

Who cares if he doesn't get game time. He's one of the most highly rated youngsters in English football. I would have been equally disappointed if we failed to sign Alli back in January 2015.

I can't help but feel this was our summer to get him and he'll be off to Liverpool or United within the next few years.
The player has to want to come. In my opinion we haven't failed to sign him, he's been advised well, used his head and chosen to sign again for Fulham
That's how it is. He wants to develop where he feels comfortable. He's still a baby.
If he wanted to leave, we would have got him.

Right, I'm looking for a decent argument - no news or opinion please - just argument. I'll take simple contradiction in a pinch. I've got a 12 pack of Stella, and I'm wearing sunglasses.

I hate it when people post random shit in the transfer thread.

I mean I really hate it.

Where's the need?

It's so annoying to have to scroll past it.

I get so pissed off with the time it takes to read all of that random stuff where people are just typing their thoughts.

Urgh. Bunch of pricks.

I mean, why do people come on a forum and just type any old shit with strangers.

SO FRUSTRATING

I mean, why bother.

Don't you all realise how pathetic it is having to scroll through all your shitty little messages that are

SO

DAMN

LONG

and then you see the page count has gone up and you're like "WOW WE MUST HAVE SIGNED SOMEONE"

and...

NOPE! JUST SOME CUNT TYPING OUT THIS THOUGHTS AGAIN.

JUST

STOP

IT

What do you think this is? A place for discussion

c.jpg

:bentley:

Despite all the abilities he possesses, his particular weakness is his tackling. His lack of tackling ability and physical built often makes him second best when he is chasing someone with a good burst of pace. Ginter also has the tendency of switching off in certain games and Dortmund have paid the price for it. He’ll have to keep his focus for the full 90 minutes if he wants an extended run in the Spurs side.

A defender that can't tackle, can't run (fast), and switches off during games.

Sign him up! :pocheyes:

Ginter was extremely good at Freiburg (good enough he was part of the World Cup winning side when he was just 21) ... he struggled a bit at Dortmund relative to his potential, but Dortmund has low key been something of a mess the last 12 months and he's not the only one who got unstuck a little bit.

"German Dier" is pretty much the best summary of him possible. He's versatile, maybe slightly better when playing as a deep sitting DM than a true CB and can play RB in a pinch. For 15m, he'd be a steal and provide depth and options across the entire backline and DM positions.

I read earlier that Liverpool have now passed £1bn spend on transfers in the PL era. Still not won it yet.

Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom