Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Poch uses he's favorites a bit to much. Almost no rotation, GKN and Wimmer didn't get any starts the whole season, Trippier and Davies not until Rose and Walker was injured, Onomah, not at all. Winks and maybe Jansen are the exceptions. This, only playing favorites can work when competing in one competition but it clearly didn't work in the other competitions last season. Either Poch starts to play the subs more so they are up to speed when they finally get to play or sell the current subs and buy better ones that really competes for a place in the first eleven. As it is now there is almost no such competition.

With Winks back and hopefully Lamela there is competition in the offensive flanks. There is some competition between the fullbacks, no competition for Kane Alderwiereld, Vertongen and Eriksen.

So what am I getting at. Took so long to write this on the phone that I don't fucking remember anymore.

Last edited:
I think Poch uses he's favorites a bit to much. Almost no rotation, GKN and Wimmer didn't get any starts the whole season, Trippier and Davies not until Rose and Walker was injured, Onomah, not at all. Winks and maybe Jansen are the exceptions. This, only playing favorites can work when competing in one competition but it clearly didn't work in the other competitions last season. Either Poch starts to play the subs more so they are up to speed when they finally get to play or sell the current subs and buy better ones that really competes for a place in the first eleven. As it is now there is almost no such competition.

With Winks back and hopefully Lamela there is competition in the offensive flanks. There is some competition between the fullbacks, no competition for Kane Alderwiereld, Vertongen and Eriksen.

So what am I getting at. Took so long to write this on the phone that I don't fucking remember anymore.
My wildest dream is playing rotation like Zidane did.

Utter fucking ridiculous!
Do you realise how utterly insane you sound? We are where we are because of what we did, not because of what we might have done! I'm referring to what actually happened, not what could have happened in your brain, or in your sleep but something that actualy happened, witnessed by hundreds of millions of people around the world (apart from you). We finished where we finished because it happened. Because we signed players, because these real life people with hands and feet, commonly known as football players actually played football for Tottenham Hotspur FC. They wore our shirt and played some football and finished 2nd in the league.

Fucking Hell!
I think you quoted the wrong post, because what you just typed out there has nothing to do with what I've said

He only made 8 appearances as a sub.

I think he's one of those players we have to trsut Poch on because it seems he maybe deserved a bit more of a run out. But then, at the same time, who would he displace?

I dont think he would displace anyone, just that he looked decent before his injury.

If he comes back and looks good, great. Or we replace him, Im not fussed as long as the player in the squad in his place (or he) gets used next season.

Too many squad numbers not doing anything for Spurs. Pointless.

We used to often criticise Redknapp for exactly that. Mind you he didn't take us to second. Although the full backs did rotate quite a lot actually.
I also don't know what my point is... apart from the fact I'm bored of no football so can we sign some players please?

I think you quoted the wrong post, because what you just typed out there has nothing to do with what I've said
It absolutely does.

You're a fantasist. If's, but's and maybe's. Live in the real world. What you claim should have happened isn't real because it didn't happen. It's all in your head, your dream of how things might have ended up had we done something we didn't do.

All this talk of first team or squad players is starting to annoy me, it's pretty simple.... when poch arrived here and had time to assess the squad he had around 5/6 players he trusted, were now up to around 13/14 - no doubt we will add a few more this season and that's progress despite what others are doing around us

He'll stay at Fulham for at least a year. I imagine if he continues to develop well, he'll leave next season for about £20,000,000+

If Fulham get promoted, I imagine he'll either stay an extra year or he may sign for another club and be loaned back.

Either way, can't help but feel that the boat has sailed and we'll never see him in a Spurs shirt.

Like you I do feel a little disappointed but also like others have said it seems good for football and a pleasant change for the lad to choose the team where he is currently progressing well and playing over possibly bench warming or a loan.
We may well miss out on him in the future but that is football. If its meant to be its meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom