Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on fucking what!? We probably would have won the league if Chelsea had European Football to focus on. They didn't. That's life. As things stand though, I highly doubt Mane or Batshuayi would have been a worthwhile upgrade on Son.

Somewhere in a parallel universe where we didn't sign them, some cunt is saying

"We would have won the league if levy had shelled out for Pochs first choices, like Sissoko, N'koudou and Janssen"

Batshuayi instead of Janssen and Mane instead of Sissoko

Personally I'd rather we had stuck with Son up front as Kane's back up. And I've been laughed off of here before for suggesting it, but it sure as fuck worked and it probably suited us better than if we had signed Batshuayi who would have had a similar year to Jannsen. As for Mane he chose money. Shows what sort of player he is.

So we'd have been better off not signing Wanyama? Not every transfer works out. Even the "big" names. Get over it. You're honestly as dumb as the blonde haired muppet you worship.
You'd have to admit though 1 in 4 as a strike rate need to be improved on. Not including Lopez as he was purely a 3rd GK contingency.

If we sign 4 players this window it will be annoying if 3 turn out to be flops. Hopefully Hitchen is better than Mitchell.

Do the Levy haters and the transfer window melts ever consider that sometimes NOT signing someone is better than splashing cash for the fuck of it. Sissoko signing aside (whose purchase went against form), would we have seen the emergence of Winks, Alli or even Kane if we had just shoe horned in a new signing to appease the braying masses. See Sigurðsson, Dempsey, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Bentley...... high profile players bought without any real strategy or thought to how they would be utilised.

We have a policy that works for us now. Or at least has shown more dividends than previous slap dash approaches. And despite a good few windows of maintaining this policy (that is now even more poignant with the expenditure on the new stadium) Individuals still kick off when were not parading "a "marquee" signing down the high street.

We probably could have spent better last year, its not an exact science, its football. Luck, chance and playing the numbers are the game.

Last edited:
We laugh at the fans Woolwich got, then I look at some people screaming for blood after we just finished 2nd in the league. Incredible.

We got those fans too, you couldn't make this shit up. Not even going to try to be nice.

Please fuck off. You are an utter embarrassment for the club and the other fans.

You'd have to admit though 1 in 4 as a strike rate need to be improved on. Not including Lopez as he was purely a 3rd GK contingency.

If we sign 4 players this window it will be annoying if 3 turn out to be flops. Hopefully Hitchen is better than Mitchell.

Personally I'm calling it 1 out of 2 as I still haven't written off either Jannsen or N Koudou. It takes players time to adapt to our style and expecting miracle first seasons from any signings seems pointless with Poch. Son is a perfect example of it.

:kanehand::dierno::pochfacepalm:
We did well DESPITE a shambolic summer window last summer, not because of. Imagine what could've happened, had we signed some of our targets instead of the likes of N'koudou and Sissoko

Ye, imagine if we'd signed a hotshot, pacy, tricky winger, that had left Son out of the team. Hell, the new hotshot may have had a great season, providing 6 goals and 4 assist as we'd stick to 4-2-3-1 all season, ending with in a respectable fifth place in the PL.

Why are you so sure a big fucking signing, even if he'd done quite well for us, would've made us better than we were? We were great, setting records and having one of the best, if not the best, non PL-winning performances ever.

We laugh at the fans Woolwich got, then I look at some people screaming for blood after we just finished 2nd in the league. Incredible.

We got those fans too, you couldn't make this shit up. Not even going to try to be nice.

Please fuck off. You are an utter embarrassment for the club and the other fans.

Probably the same people

#GoonerMaggotTrollCuntsFoundOut
:angryscouser:

Personally I'm calling it 1 out of 2 as I still haven't written off either Jannsen or N Koudou. It takes players time to adapt to our style and expecting miracle first seasons from any signings seems pointless with Poch. Son is a perfect example of it.

I agree, but GKN can do one regardless!

Would probably have won the league had they been playing for us

Won the league and then had to explain to 11 first teamers why the new signings where on three times the money they where. Explain to me how your model is sustainable?

Levy Haters, Stadium Deniers, Melters - you really haven't a leg to stand on at the minute.

Last edited:
Janssen maybe. GKN I have written off. Last season's N'Jie pointless signing.
Don't see it sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom