Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one bites the dust, the lad at least recognises he'll probably get more opportunity to develop at Fulham.

200w.gif

It's all rather amusing now that there's no question of potential players using the "i want Champions League football" excuse for not signing. Back when we were finishing 5th or 6th, that was the excuse trotted out. Now that the so-called big clubs are missing out on CL football on a regular basis but still seem to get their man, the rest of us can see that it's all about the money and not much else.

Should have taken more notice of Jerry Maguire.

I thought Njie was decent before his injury

Looked like a clueless runner to me.

Bearing in mind he was mooted to be ST cover didn't get any scent of any shooting/finishing/link up ability.

Only match he caught my eye in was when we played Monaco in the EL 15/16, but we ran rampant (despite being a bonafide 2nd string line-up also inc. Carrol, Onomah and rotated FBs) so hard to judge objectively...

Sidenote: Amazing how things have clicked so quickly at Monaco.... All the 'in vogue' names were in that squad yet they were a walkover.

Last edited:
Id love someone to draw up a list of all the utter shit Utd, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Woolwich have signed in the last 5 years and then see if they still believe that our policy is somehow worse than theirs.

The difference is that at least we make a profit on unwanted players instead of selling them on for tens of millions less

I've done a spreadsheet of all the signings that Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd have made each window since Jan 2012 and what they cost (according to the press). However it's a complete clusterfuck of information and not terribly easy to read. I'll post it if anyone really wants to see it.

Looked like a clueless runner to me.

Bearing in mind he was mooted to be ST cover didn't get any scent of any shooting/finishing/link up ability.

Only match he caught my eye in was when we played Monaco in the EL 15/16, but we ran rampant (despite being a bonafide 2nd string line-up also inc. Carrol, Onomah and rotated FBs) so hard to judge objectively...

Sidenote: Amazing how things have clicked so quickly at Monaco.... All the 'in vogue' names were in that squad yet they were a walkover.

Hence why I think they're willing to take offers on a bunch of the purple patch lot. They only really won the French league, so not fully proven as quality

:kanehand::dierno::pochfacepalm:
We did well DESPITE a shambolic summer window last summer, not because of. Imagine what could've happened, had we signed some of our targets instead of the likes of N'koudou and Sissoko
Utter fucking ridiculous!
Do you realise how utterly insane you sound? We are where we are because of what we did, not because of what we might have done! I'm referring to what actually happened, not what could have happened in your brain, or in your sleep but something that actualy happened, witnessed by hundreds of millions of people around the world (apart from you). We finished where we finished because it happened. Because we signed players, because these real life people with hands and feet, commonly known as football players actually played football for Tottenham Hotspur FC. They wore our shirt and played some football and finished 2nd in the league.

Fucking Hell!

Last edited:
Hence why I think they're willing to take offers on a bunch of the purple patch lot. They only really won the French league, so not fully proven as quality

Gotta wonder if, a bit like us, maybe the gaffer is the magic ingredient....?

Why? It's unlikely he'd have gotten much or any game time for us this year. Just means the bidding war will be more intense next year, or he won't progress as much as we would have hoped and it could be a bullet dodged.

Who cares if he doesn't get game time. He's one of the most highly rated youngsters in English football. I would have been equally disappointed if we failed to sign Alli back in January 2015.

I can't help but feel this was our summer to get him and he'll be off to Liverpool or United within the next few years.

Likely going to show my ignorance here, but oh well... With Sessegnon wasn't the plan from Fullham's perspective to get him to sign a professional contract to jack up his transfer value? Does his signing this deal truly end the chance of him moving? Or does it just mean we would have to pay a much higher price tag now?

Utter fucking ridiculous!
Do you realise how utterly insane you sound? We are where we are because of what we did, not because of what we might have done! I'm referring to what actually happened, not what could have happened in your brain, or in your sleep but something that actualy happened, witnessed by hundreds of millions of people around the world (apart from you). We finished where we finished because it happened. Because we signed players, because these real life people with hands and feet, commonly known as football players actually played football for Tottenham Hotspur FC. They wore our shirt and played some football and finished 2nd in the league.

Fucking Hell!
He's a Trumpite. Our success last season was #fakenews!:wanyama:

Likely going to show my ignorance here, but oh well... With Sessegnon wasn't the plan from Fullham's perspective to get him to sign a professional contract to jack up his transfer value? Does his signing this deal truly end the chance of him moving? Or does it just mean we would have to pay a much higher price tag now?

He'll stay at Fulham for at least a year. I imagine if he continues to develop well, he'll leave next season for about £20,000,000+

If Fulham get promoted, I imagine he'll either stay an extra year or he may sign for another club and be loaned back.

Either way, can't help but feel that the boat has sailed and we'll never see him in a Spurs shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom