Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say proper because the season before we lined up with a back four in a 4-2-3-1 but it could be argued that because how high Rose and Walker push up that in fact we were playing with a back 3. This year the 3 was far more prominent/deliberate fixture in 3-4-3. For me he looked really solid, seamlessly replacing Vertonghen, in the 4-2-3-1. But asked to play in a 3 (on the left side) he looked all at sea, he had a couple of shockers, the Chelsea away game springs to mind can't remember the other(s) off the top of my head. Not saying it is the exact or sole reason, just trying to make sense and interpret why the marked differences in his game. However, It's the only thing I can point to as a reason, that or a coincidence.

I get ya... Pretty much on the same page.... Just that - as per your comments - the difference between how we played (rather than how we lined up) was pretty minimal.

Wimmer played well at Man City when we won there 15/16 in a 4231 alongside Toby with Dier and Dembele in midfield.
Yet when we played there in the 2-2 draw he had a nightmare in a back 3 when we played 3-4-3

I think it was after that game that Pochettino lost confidence in him.

Of course. Was arguably better in his role than the eventual Footballer of the Year was in the same role.
So how can you not want a repeat that transfer window?

A good transfer window can only be measured on if we improve from the year before, which we did. Making it a successful transfer window. I'd kill for a similar improvement this window on the previous year.

I wonder how many other clubs have such a large percentage of their business finalised as late as we do? I know last minute transfers are what makes "deadline day" such a big deal for Sky but I'd be interested to see how other clubs stack up against us.

The data will be there on the same site, but would be quite a pain to put it all together. Might look later if I'm bored

The data will be there on the same site, but would be quite a pain to put it all together. Might look later if I'm bored

Not that your efforts and input aren't appreciated, but I hope you managed to earmark yourself some wank-time. :dawsonlol:

Not that your efforts and input aren't appreciated, but I hope you managed to earmark yourself some wank-time. :dawsonlol:

Nope, getting no peace. Played a bit of FIFA this morning whilst the baby slept, then just been out and bought a new carpet.

Hardly get time to hold it for a piss these days

Nope, getting no peace. Played a bit of FIFA this morning whilst the baby slept, then just been out and bought a new carpet.

Hardly get time to hold it for a piss these days

Keep on truckin', Pops... I'm sure they're worth it! :)

Wimmer played well at Man City when we won there 15/16 in a 4231 alongside Toby with Dier and Dembele in midfield.
Yet when we played there in the 2-2 draw he had a nightmare in a back 3 when we played 3-4-3

I think it was after that game that Pochettino lost confidence in him.

Which is a shame because he was no worse that day then Dier was away at Anfield. Talk about favouritism.

I know the answer to this one....

In Poch We Trust

AMIRITE?
Yep.

I was a massive fan of Bentaleb, still am. But haven't regretted him going to Schalke once. Quite liked Stambouli in a wow you're slow as fuck but like the attitude and ability to pass kinda way. Pritchard and Veljkovic were another two I thought we'd regret selling. 2 or 3 years down the line I've no regrets, with any of those. I like seeing Mason, Carroll & Townsend play regular football (when fit) too.

Yep.

I was a massive fan of Bentaleb, still am. But haven't regretted him going to Schalke once. Quite liked Stambouli in a wow you're slow as fuck but like the attitude and ability to pass kinda way. Pritchard and Veljkovic were another two I thought we'd regret selling. 2 or 3 years down the line I've no regrets, with any of those. I like seeing Mason, Carroll & Townsend play regular football (when fit) too.

Aye... Inevitably peeps will develop faves but you can't get precious about every player... Afterall, at this level, you'd hope they all have likeable traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom