Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bajen för mig. But I live in sundsvall. Viktiga matcher nu för Giffarna två i rad mot Halmstad. And really fun for ÖFK to beat Galatasaray. Hope they go through to next round

Is he a preacher of hate in spare time or something?

No, non-EU nationals who have a custodial sentence of less than 12 months in a 5 year period are ineligible for a UK work permit.

He was given a 2 month sentence for assaulting a copper in September last year. Hence not allowed in the UK. He's appealed, but it still stands unless acquitted.

For the record, I don't think signing a player is as easy as it appears to be on computer games but, that said, other teams seem to manage to do it without bursting a testicle.

I do think we will sign a few players just the way we operate it's probably going to be later in the window. Just hope we don't fuck up like last time and panic buy like we did with Sissoko.

Pereira. Get it done.
Bloke is young & versatile.
It's got "Pochettino signing" written all over it.
Quite why we seem to be quibbling over a fee when there is a bloody release clause (clue-it's the amount they value him at) is a mystery (apart from Levy playing his game) & Porto know we've just sold a RB for over double the release clause. I will be fuming if we dither about & get hijacked by another big club like Juve who are also in the market for a RB.

PEREIRA TO SPURS?

Porto are playing hardball with Tottenham over right-back Ricardo Pereira, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

Pereira is Spurs' preferred choice to replace Kyle Walker, who joined Manchester City in a deal worth in excess of £50m this week.

Pereira has a release clause of £22m but Porto had previously indicated a willingness to negotiate a lower transfer fee for the 23-year-old because they needed to accrue funds.

PEREIRA TO SPURS?

Porto are playing hardball with Tottenham over right-back Ricardo Pereira, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

Pereira is Spurs' preferred choice to replace Kyle Walker, who joined Manchester City in a deal worth in excess of £50m this week.

Pereira has a release clause of £22m but Porto had previously indicated a willingness to negotiate a lower transfer fee for the 23-year-old because they needed to accrue funds.
They know we have the Walker money. It's a sellers market when we (& Juve) have a slot that needs covering. Whether they were previously willing to negotiate is irrelevant now they hold the ace card-assuming we are in for him & it's not just paper talk. Our need just got greater & what we could have bought last week for less, we will now have to pay a "Walker premium" for a player in that position. We've shown our hand & the world knows how much we got for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom