Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have saved yourself £3-4 mil, but if your player is performing poorly in games, isn't adapting to the life change or getting on with his team mates then you save nothing. You have less points, win less games, moral is lower, sell on value is lower.
But what if you pay the extra dough and that all happens anyway?

A full pre season with the manager in the hope of hitting the ground running is the dream ticket & not worth hindering the players progress (& ours) for a couple of million. However, didn't Janssen have an almost full pre season last year...? So I take your point.

If Pereira is the chosen one, I just hope there's no twatting around between levy & Porto. A couple of million could cost us his signature if Levy tries to call their bluff

There's been enough quotes and sources from Southampton and Tottenham players saying it took them 6 months to understand what Poch wanted.

An extra month or two will really help with that.

I suppose it will be Levys fault that Porto fucked around with the fact they didn't actually "own" the player......

"Sign him now! Sign him now!"

How many of you run multi million pound companies? That's that what the transfer window is about. Big nasty businessmen in suits making deals that could feed countries.

So sit back and start accepting the fact that this is the real world. And if you could do it better, then why are you not the gazillionaire chairman of a football club, or any other world renowned company...

I suppose it will be Levys fault that Porto fucked around with the fact they didn't actually "own" the player......

"Sign him now! Sign him now!"

How many of you run multi million pound companies? That's that what the transfer window is about. Big nasty businessmen in suits making deals that could feed countries.

So sit back and start accepting the fact that this is the real world. And if you could do it better, then why are you not the gazillionaire chairman of a football club, or any other world renowned company...

Fuck up, cunt.

Amazes me that we'd sell Walker without a replacement in place or knoweledge of a third party ownership with one of our targets.

Fuck it, may aswell just try and find a young up coming English right back and sign him for less money. We seem successful at that.

Fuck up, cunt.
That's the problem with this transfer stuff.

We might as well sit there and tell a pilot he's doing it all wrong, or tell a marine how to clear a suspect house in a war zone.

"Naaaaa mate, you wanna do it like this innit"

It really is that pathetic. We know fuck all, and we talk as if we do, and get all riled up about it. I'm as guilty as anyone, but reading through this and it just clicked.....what actually is the point in us bleating on about things we have zero clue about?

Modern football. Where fans can play Wall Street Big Bollocks online

Last edited:
No transfer news to keep Spurs fans happy, so here - have a picture of a man in a boat

manrowingboat.jpg

That's the problem with this transfer stuff.

We might as well sit there and tell a pilot he doing it all wrong, or tell a marine how to clear a suspect house in a war zone.

"Naaaaa mate, you wanna do it like this innit"

It really is that pathetic. We know fuck all, and we talk as if we do, and get all riled up about it. I'm as guilty as anyone, but reading through this and it just clicked.....what actually is the point in us bleating on about things we have zero clue about?

Modern football. Where fans can play Wall Street Big Bollocks online
I agree mate but if that was the case this board would be dead in minutes, so let the shit keep rolling i say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom