Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Porto does not need the money, André Silva, Ruben Neves, Depoitre and probably Indi is enough for this Summer.

25M euros is the price to pay because its his release clause.

If it was 35M euros, Porto would have been asking for that, believe me.
Levy needs to pay the clause to buy him, otherwise he's going to be the best right fullback in Portugal easily.

I think we can safely say that it's 99% bollocks, so yeah no idea why anyone would be bothered by the source.

I'm pretty sure JJ is confirmed to work at the club in some aspect. Whilst it doesn't make him privvy to reliable information, I think it at least makes him on par with nobbers who get quoted in here like Lying Thomas.

I suppose it will be Levys fault that Porto fucked around with the fact they didn't actually "own" the player......

"Sign him now! Sign him now!"

How many of you run multi million pound companies? That's that what the transfer window is about. Big nasty businessmen in suits making deals that could feed countries.

So sit back and start accepting the fact that this is the real world. And if you could do it better, then why are you not the gazillionaire chairman of a football club, or any other world renowned company...
Yeah, but...

:klinsmann:

I suppose it will be Levys fault that Porto fucked around with the fact they didn't actually "own" the player......

"Sign him now! Sign him now!"

How many of you run multi million pound companies? That's that what the transfer window is about. Big nasty businessmen in suits making deals that could feed countries.

So sit back and start accepting the fact that this is the real world. And if you could do it better, then why are you not the gazillionaire chairman of a football club, or any other world renowned company...

That's the problem with this transfer stuff.

We might as well sit there and tell a pilot he's doing it all wrong, or tell a marine how to clear a suspect house in a war zone.

"Naaaaa mate, you wanna do it like this innit"

It really is that pathetic. We know fuck all, and we talk as if we do, and get all riled up about it. I'm as guilty as anyone, but reading through this and it just clicked.....what actually is the point in us bleating on about things we have zero clue about?

Modern football. Where fans can play Wall Street Big Bollocks online

You're speaking pure bullshit. You're effectively arguing against the idea of a democracy - that if you don't understand everything about a topic you should shut the fuck up.

Football was and still is the working mans game. The working man does not need to know the ins and outs of a million pound company to know they would be happy buying a new player. A working man does not need to know everything to know that buying a player on the last day of the window is a bad thing.

I can have an opinion without being an expert - you're on a forum yourself you thick cunt, spouting out your opinions on the topic, something you're arguing none of us should do. Practice what you preach you nonce.

"Making deals that could feed countries", dear me, look into how much it costs to feed even the smallest country basic meals. You're talking billions, not £22 million for some guy from Portugal. No wonder I have you on ignore, what a self righteous, pompous twat. "ACCEPT THIS IS THE REAL WORLD", fuck off cunt.

Fuck it, may aswell just try and find a young up coming English right back and sign him for less money. We seem successful at that.
Sell Kyle Walker fo 50 millions of mullah.
Get linked to Portuguese man with third part interests for 20 millions of mullah
Pull out of deal citing we no deal with third parties.
Promote prom8sing boy KW Peters for free instead.
Fans are ok because we did try to sign replacing player
Keep 50 millions of mullah
:levywhoa:

You're speaking pure bullshit. You're effectively arguing against the idea of a democracy - that if you don't understand everything about a topic you should shut the fuck up.

Football was and still is the working mans game. The working man does not need to know the ins and outs of a million pound company to know they would be happy buying a new player. A working man does not need to know everything to know that buying a player on the last day of the window is a bad thing.

I can have an opinion without being an expert - you're on a forum yourself you thick cunt, spouting out your opinions on the topic, something you're arguing none of us should do. Practice what you preach you nonce.

"Making deals that could feed countries", dear me, look into how much it costs to feed even the smallest country basic meals. You're talking billions, not £22 million for some guy from Portugal. No wonder I have you on ignore, what a self righteous, pompous twat. "ACCEPT THIS IS THE REAL WORLD", fuck off cunt.
Cunt off in 3-2-1...
Chill fella.

As for "Haha Levy didn't know about possible third party ownership before selling Walker", really?

Go watch The Fighting Cock podcast with the Tottenham Trust peeps. They both comment on how he's very intelligent. Calling Levy an idiot or thinking he would get played is insane.

QLz96_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Sell Kyle Walker fo 50 millions of mullah.
Get linked to Portuguese man with third part interests for 20 millions of mullah
Pull out of deal citing we no deal with third parties.
Promote prom8sing boy KW Peters for free instead.
Fans are ok because we did try to sign replacing player
Keep 50 millions of mullah
:levywhoa:

That's a lot of conjecture. I feel like you put the utmost faith and trust in clickbait articles.

You have the right to an opinion but you don't know what you are talking about and have zero knowledge on what goes on in negotiations.
None of us do.
Have your baseless opinion if it makes you feel important.
Democracy? Haha

Ironic that you talk about the working mans game.
When football was just that, the average fan didn't give a fuck what wages the players were on or who tweeted a funny video on a plane.
It's this ridiculous obsession with the chairmans job that has helped ruin the game....you want a player fine.
But we have people deciding what wages are worth it, what transfer fees are worth what "and not a penny more" etc

You know NOTHING. So how can you know what's worth it to the club.
I'd love to see you go one o one in a debate on our clubs finances and transfers with Levy....can you imagine the total fucking mauling he would give you.
There's a reason for that...so enjoy your cloud cuckoo options in fantasy transfer window land, but like I said, the real world is what counts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom