Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your perspective.

I'd say being different from the rest is quite daring. I'd also say that looking to develop youth players the proper way is also quite daring for a club in this climate.
Brilliant point.

To dare is to do......dare to build? Dare to fail? Dare to grow youth? Dare to be different?

Or dare to get the checkbook out and hope we spent enough to keep up

I see what you're saying but it's not the kind of dare that I think we all know the club should be taking. In my opinion we should be building on what we have, not penny pinching like it seems to be. I'm all for giving youth a chance but we really should be throwing our weight around a lot more than we have been. There's class out there, I just don't see us doing a lot to build on the best foundations I've ever seen at my club.

Kovacic would change that opinion in a heartbeat of course ;)

I don't know - it's alright saying "I'd love to sign [insert player]" - but do we have that viewpoint because we don't value our youth talent enough?

If Winks had signed for Barca, people would be clamouring for us to pay £40m for him - but we don't need to do things like that, as we have some decent lads already.

I can't wait until the switch flicks and "throwing our weight around" means academy wonderkid diarrhea

Why should I be alarmed that we couldn't push through a deal when I have no idea if that's true.

Poch said he's happy with the squad.

It was dismissed.

Poch said one year ago a third choice keeper was a good addition for the future, and when it doesn't work out, that means we should be highly concerned that Poch wanted him and Levy fucked everything up and now Poch is fucked off and Levy won't sign any players that the manager wants and Poch will leave and the whole world
will IMPLODE.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

:bentley::bentley:
What on earth are you talking about?

And signing one player would change your entire stance? That's really funny.
It's all crap unless Kovacic signs.

He doesn't even have to play one match....everything will be better as soon as he holds up the shirt.

And if he scores and assists less than Son, just sell the shit cunt waste of space next summer and start moaning all over again.

What on earth are you talking about?
Well what should I be concerned about?

Surely your worry is that we couldn't push through the deal despite you implying that Poch wants the player. The implication was clearly that Levy failed here right?

Wouldn't that mean that Poch has been let down?
Isn't that what I should be concerned about?

Or simply I should panic about a 3rd choice keeper I know nothing about hasn't made it, despite us having two of the best keepers the PL

I thought Conte had a bit of class, but he appears to be a Poundshop Moanhio. There really was no need for him to comment on a rival, but it appears he has been 'Chelsead.'
Ah, Chelsea, the Benefits family off the Council Estate, who won the Lottery. Class.

Thus far some of the players have stayed silent. They are employees but we all know footballers are more than that. They want to play football but they also want success.

They know our squad is very good but that it needs to be better and if the club assume their silence is an endorsement of our tranafer stance then I feel the inevitable will occur next summer.

It's all crap unless Kovacic signs.

LMFAO

Here's a game we can play, rather than going around 25 daily pages of absolute wank.

1. Name a player that will improve the first team squad.
2. Does he cost more than £30m? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 3.
3. Will he want more than £100,000 per week? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 4
4. Will this player destabilise the core team ethic we have, and prevent youth progress? If Yes then go to 1, else go to 5.
5. Made it this far? Wow, we'll probably sign them if they exist.

We are not playing the same game as the others. It's why they are shit scared. They want our players. Do the maths.

LMFAO

Here's a game we can play, rather than going around 25 daily pages of absolute wank.

1. Name a player that will improve the first team squad.
2. Does he cost more than £30m? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 3.
3. Will he want more than £100,000 per week? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 4
4. Will this player destabilise the core team ethic we have, and prevent youth progress? If Yes then go to 1, else go to 5.
5. Made it this far? Wow, we'll probably sign them if they exist.

We are not playing the same game as the others. It's why they are shit scared. They want our players. Do the maths.

Have to work in "you drink" somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom