Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright everyone how is it going? Who's winning?
Just thought I would bring the teas and Coffee's in, 2 sugars Joe? Sorry Sammy I don't have any Decaf
0008337_485.jpeg

LMFAO

Here's a game we can play, rather than going around 25 daily pages of absolute wank.

1. Name a player that will improve the first team squad.
2. Does he cost more than £30m? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 3.
3. Will he want more than £100,000 per week? If yes, then go to 1 else go to 4
4. Will this player destabilise the core team ethic we have, and prevent youth progress? If Yes then go to 1, else go to 5.
5. Made it this far? Wow, we'll probably sign them if they exist.

We are not playing the same game as the others. It's why they are shit scared. They want our players. Do the maths.

I've got a game;

You think Levy is a tight cunt and the window is shit?

Go to 1.

1. If we do well with no signings, fall on your sword and never post here again

We are so close to winning the league and are cash rich. We should be going for it a lot more in this transfer window than we are, in my honest opinion
Are there really any one or two realistic signings that would make the difference between second and first? Especially with the burden of the stadium and inevitable contract demands from the current starters. I'd rather see Levy pocket the Walker money and use it on the stadium or somebody's new contract in a year or two than do something like buy Sissoko+Janssen for a combined 50m again.

edit: grammar is hard

Last edited:
I don't think people realised how much cash we're using getting the Stadium built in 1 year instead of 2. It literally means doubling the work force and rushing things through, paying out of your nose in the process.

You can't have a 1 year £800mil project then spend £100 mil on players.

This is possibly the only year where I wouldn't mind us being conservative with spending.

I've got a game;

You think Levy is a tight cunt and the window is shit?

Go to 1.

1. If we do well with no signings, fall on your sword and never post here again

Levy IS a tight cunt and this window is shit.

But it's not brand new information and the Window is mainly shit because of this bastard thread.

;)

Are there really any one or two realistic signings that would make the difference between second and first? Especially with the burden of the stadium and inevitable contract demands from the current starters. I'd rather see Levy pocket the Walker money and use it on the stadium or somebody's new contract in a year or two then do something like buy Sissoko+Janssen for a combined 50m again.
:pochunimpressed:
Assuming you mean 'than do', or agree will be withdrawn

They say they do, but most people really hate new ideas. They get scared.
Yep....but not if the Jones next door have a new idea. Then it's groundbreaking and enviable.

If City and Chelsea went with youth, they'd all want to do it too.

This window is basically, we must spend, because they are spending

Last edited:
Thus far some of the players have stayed silent. They are employees but we all know footballers are more than that. They want to play football but they also want success.

They know our squad is very good but that it needs to be better and if the club assume their silence is an endorsement of our tranafer stance then I feel the inevitable will occur next summer.
Some have stayed silent?

Jan, Rose, Kane, Dembele and Eriksen have backed our policy.

How many more have to speak about it?

Does the whole squad have to speak to the press about the clubs transfer policy before you believe anything?

Yep....but not if the Jones next door have a new idea. Then is groundbreaking and enviable.

If City and Chelsea went with youth, they'd all want to do it too.

This window is basically, we must spend, because they are spending

Dont get me wrong, I love that we are being selective about the calibre of player we target these days. What I don't get is how in the footballing world we haven't identified some in a years worth of scouting that could improve the squad not to mention the teams pressing game becoming a lot more of a drain on the group with more pitch needing to be covered with the Wembley move. I'm sure we can at least all agree that we lacked options off the bench last year so combining all these areas together surely points to us needing to invest. If we don't I'm 100% sure we are light and 100% sure we failed to demonstrate the required ambition

Some have stayed silent?

Jan, Rose, Kane, Dembele and Eriksen have backed our policy.

How many more have to speak about it?

Does the whole squad have to speak to the press about the clubs transfer policy before you believe anything?

Dele hasn't said anything... He must want out!!!!

:pochfacepalm:

No disrespect meant mate but this is one line of questioning that is a nonsense.

We are fans and know it alls in an unknowing kind of way.

The truth is we think we know who would improve us but Pochettino and his team will know. If they don't there's our problem.

But the people saying that we can improve must surely have players in mind? They hold the opinion that there are better players out there, they should be able to name some.

Thus far some of the players have stayed silent. They are employees but we all know footballers are more than that. They want to play football but they also want success.

They know our squad is very good but that it needs to be better and if the club assume their silence is an endorsement of our tranafer stance then I feel the inevitable will occur next summer.

Fuck me there are some doomsaying, miserable, fun sponges around this forum. Do you guys actually get any enjoyment out of being a Spurs fan? It's like being trapped in a room with a yiddo version of Eeyore.

We supporters are used to not winning trophies for the last 10 years and tbh don't expect to win next year, we have forgotten how to win trophies partly brain washed by the board and partly given up and happy where we are, ie: top 4 and even better, CL football, no more Thursday football with unknowns plus Woolwich out of top 4. The main worry is will the players be happy!

But the people saying that we can improve must surely have players in mind? They hold the opinion that there are better players out there, they should be able to name some.
Apparently there's loads of players that are better than what we have and available out there, that no one can name, but Poch knows about. Or at least he should.

Now forget unknown prospects..that's just not good enough as we need definite improvement at this vital stage. Right?

So definitely better than Eriksen but I've never heard of him or can't name him...hmmmmmmmm

Also Poch saying he's happy with the squad means nothing. If he doesn't sign anyone that means we have a problem because he couldn't find anyone despite not looking for them.

Dont get me wrong, I love that we are being selective about the calibre of player we target these days. What I don't get is how in the footballing world we haven't identified some in a years worth of scouting that could improve the squad not to mention the teams pressing game becoming a lot more of a drain on the group with more pitch needing to be covered with the Wembley move. I'm sure we can at least all agree that we lacked options off the bench last year so combining all these areas together surely points to us needing to invest. If we don't I'm 100% sure we are light and 100% sure we failed to demonstrate the required ambition
Every single concern you have listed is Poch's job, yet your first post was to call out Levy for being tight. If this is your stance then you really have to call out Poch. I've no problem you taking that stance as it would make sense, I'd still challenge it mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom