Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but there's a big difference mate. Spurs are not Brighton because we have totally different ambitions for the club. Judging by our stadium move etc, we clearly are looking to establish ourselves as a top club in the country. So with being a top club you need to win trophies and we just don't do that as a club.

You comparing us to lower league sides is ridiculous because we are on complete different wavelengths to these clubs. For a club of our size we should be winning a lot more trophies. The Spurs fans are probably the most patient fans in the world because we have to put up with set backs for so long now.

This club need to win stuff it's that simple otherwise we run the risk of starting all over again. So to summarise it, yes trophies are the be end and all for a club of our side and current ambition. If we want to keep our best players then we need to start winning trophies. Maybe you enjoy Spurs being a nearly club all your life but I want my club to start winning stuff.

We all want to win cups, I guess the subtle difference is that some fans can put up with the lack of throphies because of the enormous progress we have made in recent years. I remember the season when we signed the not so magnificent 7 a Spurs supporting mate said he thought we would win the league and I laughed out loud. We always had the potential for a cup win, but the title - that was surely impossible. Fast forward to where Poch has taken us and we have become genuine contenders despite other teams being financially way ahead of us. Under Poch we lost the league cup final a few years back and the semi of the FA cup - in both occasions had it not been for defensive errors we could have gone on to win them and so its not like we have been completely uncompetitive. Sometime luck distorts cup records, woolwich had 2 of the easiest cup final opponents in recent years and Man u should have lost to Southampton in the league cup last season.
I think the cups will come. The Man u fans wanted Fergie to be sacked for a lack of progress but then it all clicked.
I just hope Poch doesnt get poached.

"I think it's clear you'd rather have no players than a player that isn't really right for your team, so I'm sure if the gaffer wants to get the person he wants to get in he'll take his time and make sure he gets who he wants.”
Kane

"We could have a better squad in terms of depth,"
"It's difficult for us as a club to compete with City, [Manchester] United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich. The aim for the club should be to find the next Dele. I know it's easier said than done but to find someone from the lower leagues and make them a star."
Rose

"I don't think you need to spend to win something. It's just a matter of how you see a team, how the players are. Only Walker has left in our team and we know what we did last season, so I can't see why we shouldn't be able to do hopefully even better than last season."
Eriksen

"And then you can see that the big sides are investing a lot of money trying to sign new players and improve their squad.
But for us we are so calm and so quiet because we believe in our squad and our younger players that are pushing up from the academy. We will add maybe a few players, but we are so calm because we have a good team, and the most important thing for us is the team."
Poch

'We don't change five or six players, you have to start over with new players. I think this way to do it is very good. The quality we have now - everybody is looking in the same direction.
Dembele

"You’ve seen how much money has been spent in the window and there’s a month still to go, it’s crazy.
"The way our rivals are strengthening this season, we need to be aware of that and we need to level up as well,"
"Im not saying with new players, but we need to take our levels up and I think we can. I'm the oldest outfield player in the team and I feel very fit. The younger guys can improve even more. It can definitely be our year and we want it to be our year."
Vertonghen

"Sign Douglas Costa or you're a defeatist bullshitter"
Kingdawson

i would sell him if we bought someone with money

As opposed to some magic beans........
e614c915f97a18fd345345193326d169.jpg

Edit - didn't see "the" in your post .....:dierpochhug:

If the guys on here that have been blasting the Spurs fans on here for being negative about our transfer window, take a long hard look at that pathetic subs bench we have conjured up today against Juve

Vorm
Whiteman
Carter-Vickers
Dinzeyi
Walker-Peters
Wimmer
Georgiou
Miller
Oakley-Boothe
Winks
Janssen

You telling me we don't desperately need reinforcements ? Looks like a fucking U17 side!!!! This could potentially be part of our bench v Newcastle next week. It's ok Levy knows what he is doing.

If the guys on here that have been blasting the Spurs fans on here for being negative about our transfer window, take a long hard look at that pathetic subs bench we have conjured up today against Juve

Vorm
Whiteman
Carter-Vickers
Dinzeyi
Walker-Peters
Wimmer
Georgiou
Miller
Oakley-Boothe
Winks
Janssen

You telling me we don't desperately need reinforcements ? Looks like a fucking U17 side!!!! This could potentially be part of our bench v Newcastle next week. It's ok Levy knows what he is doing.

Vorm has to be one of the best reserve GK in the league.....:pochsmirk:
Silver lining and all......
:sonpoint:

Vorm
Whiteman
Carter-Vickers
Dinzeyi
Walker-Peters
Wimmer
Georgiou
Miller
Oakley-Boothe
Winks
Janssen

Crikey!

Anyone would think it's just a friendly!

:deledoubt:

"I think it's clear you'd rather have no players than a player that isn't really right for your team, so I'm sure if the gaffer wants to get the person he wants to get in he'll take his time and make sure he gets who he wants.”
Kane

"We could have a better squad in terms of depth,"
"It's difficult for us as a club to compete with City, [Manchester] United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich. The aim for the club should be to find the next Dele. I know it's easier said than done but to find someone from the lower leagues and make them a star."
Rose

"I don't think you need to spend to win something. It's just a matter of how you see a team, how the players are. Only Walker has left in our team and we know what we did last season, so I can't see why we shouldn't be able to do hopefully even better than last season."
Eriksen

"And then you can see that the big sides are investing a lot of money trying to sign new players and improve their squad.
But for us we are so calm and so quiet because we believe in our squad and our younger players that are pushing up from the academy. We will add maybe a few players, but we are so calm because we have a good team, and the most important thing for us is the team."
Poch

'We don't change five or six players, you have to start over with new players. I think this way to do it is very good. The quality we have now - everybody is looking in the same direction.
Dembele

"You’ve seen how much money has been spent in the window and there’s a month still to go, it’s crazy.
"The way our rivals are strengthening this season, we need to be aware of that and we need to level up as well,"
"Im not saying with new players, but we need to take our levels up and I think we can. I'm the oldest outfield player in the team and I feel very fit. The younger guys can improve even more. It can definitely be our year and we want it to be our year."
Vertonghen

"Sign Douglas Costa or you're a defeatist bullshitter"
Kingdawson
Yeah, and then you have Poch literally a week ago saying we're behind our rivals because of a lack of transfers. Conveniently left that bit out

Vorm
Whiteman
Carter-Vickers
Dinzeyi
Walker-Peters
Wimmer
Georgiou
Miller
Oakley-Boothe
Winks
Janssen

Pre-Season friendly almost half the bench is motivated to make the first team (Vorm, Wimmer, Winks & Janssen) leaving us with 6 academy players, 2 of which have been part of our first team squad for a season and are highly rated (Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers) with another who has impressed hugely in other pre-season games (Oakley-Boothe) and another who impressed hugely in other first team friendlies (Miller). All that with Son (arm), Wanyama (leg), Nkoudou (foot), Rose (knee) & Lamela (hip) all injured, with all those injured players poised to come back in weeks it's that's some squad.

We are light in RB and at 10 IMO.

Vorm
Whiteman
Carter-Vickers
Dinzeyi
Walker-Peters
Wimmer
Georgiou
Miller
Oakley-Boothe
Winks
Janssen

The bench next week is likely to be something like:
Vorm, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peters, Winks, Sissoko, Janssen.
If somebody like Georgiou is there it is because Poch wants him to be involved.

Yeah, and then you have Poch literally a week ago saying we're behind our rivals because of a lack of transfers. Conveniently left that bit out

I can post it, and have posted it.

Some people prefer to leave out context though. For example, Poch says the following.

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

People then jump on the bold part, and only the bold part and hang to it like a pirahna fish on your bollocks, and completely ignore the rest. Then say:

"SEE POCH AGREES WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

:adethumbup:

Vorm
Whiteman
Carter-Vickers
Dinzeyi
Walker-Peters
Wimmer
Georgiou
Miller
Oakley-Boothe
Winks
Janssen

I like them but there insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom