Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what Pochettino said about Kyle Walker Peters:

He's very young. It's true that to think and to give the big responsibility like Kieran, it's too much today for him. He's a player that needs to work with us and maybe start to play in different games but we cannot think that he is, in the case of Kieran weeks away from the team.

Are you honestly telling me you're happy with our squad going into the new season, when our manager tells us we have no right back ready to step up to the plate? Does anyone seriously think Pochettino is cool with this?

Again, if so, I don't believe you
You desperately need to get outside and enjoy the night life in Madrid.

Is it just me or does anyone else picture a few select members acting like Palpatine people start melting against the club?

tumblr_mlb9cqjHWq1qerkzao1_500.gif

We are a far better team than you give us credit for.
The whole idea of a transfer window is to give you the opportunity to improve. No matter how good the team is. That's how top clubs remain top clubs. But we are on the verge of a new season having sold 4 players and signed no-one . Fucking Nora, that aint even standing still mate. That's complacency at best, and some would say scandalous for a club like ours. How some Spurs fans find this laudable, let alone acceptable, is mind boggling tbh

Mate, every single youngster in our academy will do a Dele Alli and explode onto the scene. At least that's what Sammy's been telling me.
Earlier in the window Sammy was trying to convince me we didn't need Barkley or a new midfielder because Lesniak made a tackle and played a sideways pass to Kane who blasted it in from 30 yards. He also thought we didn't need new attacking midfielders because Onomah might do a Dele Alli, he's absolutely deluded

You seem to have taken more satisfaction in our injury situation than the performance today. Knock yourself out

Anyone think we should be looking at Mahrez? Relative to some of the other transfer figures being quoted he seems relatively good value (mid 30s) and IMHO would def offer something different.

£20m plus Sissoko anyone?

Anyone think we should be looking at Mahrez? Relative to some of the other transfer figures being quoted he seems relatively good value (mid 30s) and IMHO would def offer something different.

£20m plus Sissoko anyone?
If Barkley fails - he should be no. 2 option, imv

I guess not, but we have a season starting. Maybe leave the Walker transfer for the end of the window..or move more quickly for his replacement?

You talk as if its my decision.

These are the facts:
We didnt leave the Walker transfer to the end of the window
We didnt sign his replacement quickly. By all accounts, we did move quickly but the deal fell through.

Here is what you can do with those facts. Accept it. There is nothing else to do......you might not want to accept it, but you have no choice. Thats the situation.....so type away, it changes nothing, and when the season starts, and none of this hysteria comes to pass, feel free to get on with it.

All very well if we knew Trippier would get injured today, but we didnt
Yeah, but had we not sold Walker, and he'd played today and got injured, no worries, cos we had Trippier as back up.
It's the fact we sold a world class RB without any sort of replacement lined up that's caused the problem. How don't you get that?

Yeah, but had we not sold Walker, and he'd played today and got injured, no worries, cos we had Trippier as back up.
It's the fact we sold a world class RB without any sort of replacement lined up that's caused the problem. How don't you get that?

NONE of you have been demanding we sign a RB until today......youve all been talking about AMs for weeks and weeks, so please do one.

Most Tolijan rumours were treated with a "meh" and it was all Barkley, Meyer, Mahrez, fast paced tricky winger.

As I said, Walker's replacment was Trippier. We wasnt looking to sign his replacement, we were looking to sign back up for Trippier. Thats why we didnt move earlier I guess.

I imagine if Trippier was injured in the PSG match, we'd have a new RB by now.

The whole idea of a transfer window is to give you the opportunity to improve. No matter how good the team is. That's how top clubs remain top clubs. But we are on the verge of a new season having sold 4 players and signed no-one . Fucking Nora, that aint even standing still mate. That's complacency at best, and some would say scandalous for a club like ours. How some Spurs fans find this laudable, let alone acceptable, is mind boggling tbh
I know it's night time, but please go outside and get some fresh air.

We've sold one player that anyone gives a damn about, and Kyle Walker was not the heart and soul of our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom