Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most footballers have the IQ of a flip flop, and in all likelihood are simply regurgitating statements fed to them by hungry agents.
I hate all of this shit in the same way as everyone else, as I want to see the team stable and competitive.
I'm not as wound up about the lack of squad development as the majority of people, but if the club finds, buys and pays good quality players, or locates and develops good young prospects, I'm not going to complain - I want to see us prosper and dominate the league for as long as we can.
I have seen enough of the sport to no longer be dismayed by the fickle nature of professional footballers, and if I were president - I would have all agents shot at dawn, and outlaw their involvement in all sports.

The fact that a footballer says I love the club one month, signs a new contract the next and then complains about everything is relatively meaningless, because most reasonably intelligent people realise that its all part of the greed that has permeated the game.

I'm certainly not going to start brimming and frothing about our players making statements of this nature, as life is too short and I'd rather not spoil my life by living in a constant state of anguish about a situation that I can do nothing about.

I'll concentrate on watching the games, celebrating the goals, wins and skill and accept that whatever happens, there will always be a Spurs club and team for me to support.

There's enough piss, wind and bollocks spouted on here by self appointed know alls, self qualified psychoanalysists and egomaniacs - without me adding to all the blather and bullshit.

You sound as though you're frothing with indignation in the kindergarten

:avbhumph:

If the club have any sense of humour left after events of the last few days, we definately need to follow the ridiculous trend of video introductions of player signings when we finally sign someone major......the player should be revealed by Danny Rose googling them on his laptop at the training centre.
Plagiarise the Sevilla one.
The team ambush Rose, hood him and bung him in the boot of Diers Range Rover .
They drive him to Epping Forest where Poch and Tony are waiting with the new signing.
' you know who this is Danny, want to fucking google this?
They throw him a shovel
' you were like a son to me Danny, you betrayed me. now dig'
Then he's made to take of his Spurs shirt, pass it to the new signing before he gets a kicking and is thrown into the whole with Man Utd, Chelsea and City shirts.
The team then piss on him before he's buried.

Davinson Sanchez looks to be a goer.

We have a good record with Ajax signings. Saying that, why reject £19,000,000 for Wimmer if we are gonna bring this guy in?

I imagine it is swings and roundabouts. I imagine some time off from the sport will do me some good. I'll be watching the match on Sunday after a summer away and I'll maybe feel better about it all. Who knows. We might get fucked 5 - 1 by the barcodes and I may never watch another match again! :kanehand:

I'm not sure whereabouts in the world you are, but I'd recommend watching some lower league English football just to get a contrast. It's a beautiful game. I like lots of team sports, but nothing will beat good ol' footie.

To stay OT here I think it's great we haven't signed any big players this season. Shows that Poch has trust in the squad. We'd probably need to cover a couple of positions, but whatever we still play the best game in the league with the healthiest set of players in terms of squad mentality. Like I've said so many times, Poch was our best signing of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom