Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this post on RedCafe about our bid!! LOL!!!

I can't believe I'm reading this. We've come to the point where Spurs are actually bidding for our players. Will Moyes collateral damage ever stop? Just the marketing point of view alone is a serious problem for us when this hits the press all around the world. We should never ever be on the receiving end of a negotiation with a club like that. Spurs should NEVER and WILL NEVER get to buy a player we use in our first squad. I don't give a shit what they offer us - just turn it down. Only MEGA CLUBS and MEGA BIDS should get in touch with our fax machine. How did they even get in contact with us in the first place???? And we're all pretty pissed with Levy and his way of going about business. He's got the guts to contact us after nightmare transfers like Berbatov and a lot of cocky replies on gentlemanly bids on their players. Btw, I'm sure the rest of his squad is pretty pissed with his North Korean style of rewarding amazing prospects and loyal guys who wants to take the next step in their career.

Is there anyone in the world of football who likes Levy at all? Selling a guy like Walker (a freaking right back!!!) for a sum making him the most expensive English player is just an acknowledgment on what a dirty pig Levy really is. And going by rumors he's even cocky against clubs like Real Madrid. It's one thing holding on to your players and protecting your club against bigger clubs; but being a stubborn id**t who demands astronomical money for his players while at the same time showing appreciation for these very players by paying them peanuts as compensation for their services and not thinking twice about riding high on the players image rights/endorsement YOU NAME IT.

You want Martial?? WE will let you know when you can have Martial. WE will make the call on that the day we decide if he's good enough to play for us or not. It will not be down to your dirty money. €20m, €40m, €300m - it makes no difference. Change the number or block them out. Kane and Dele can go wherever they want, I don't want us to do more business with Spurs. Goodbye.

:dembelelol::levylol::eriksenlol::pochlol::sonpoint::vert::vert::wanyama::sonlol:

Can't believe he put two asterisks in 'idiot'. That's one heavily moderated forum. Silly c**t.

Is there anyone in the world of football who likes Levy at all? Selling a guy like Walker (a freaking right back!!!) for a sum making him the most expensive English player is just an acknowledgment on what a dirty pig Levy really is. And going by rumors he's even cocky against clubs like Real Madrid. It's one thing holding on to your players and protecting your club against bigger clubs; but being a stubborn id**t who demands astronomical money for his players while at the same time showing appreciation for these very players by paying them peanuts as compensation for their services and not thinking twice about riding high on the players image rights/endorsement YOU NAME IT. [/QUOTE]

Two reactions:
1) The entitled "Big 4"-clowns are scared shitless of us.
2) Levy is a decent bloke after all. Just look at how much he angers our rival's fans

:dembelelol:

I can't believe I'm reading this. We've come to the point where Spurs are actually bidding for our players. Will Moyes collateral damage ever stop? Just the marketing point of view alone is a serious problem for us when this hits the press all around the world. We should never ever be on the receiving end of a negotiation with a club like that. Spurs should NEVER and WILL NEVER get to buy a player we use in our first squad. I don't give a shit what they offer us - just turn it down. Only MEGA CLUBS and MEGA BIDS should get in touch with our fax machine. How did they even get in contact with us in the first place???? And we're all pretty pissed with Levy and his way of going about business. He's got the guts to contact us after nightmare transfers like Berbatov and a lot of cocky replies on gentlemanly bids on their players. Btw, I'm sure the rest of his squad is pretty pissed with his North Korean style of rewarding amazing prospects and loyal guys who wants to take the next step in their career.

Is there anyone in the world of football who likes Levy at all? Selling a guy like Walker (a freaking right back!!!) for a sum making him the most expensive English player is just an acknowledgment on what a dirty pig Levy really is. And going by rumors he's even cocky against clubs like Real Madrid. It's one thing holding on to your players and protecting your club against bigger clubs; but being a stubborn id**t who demands astronomical money for his players while at the same time showing appreciation for these very players by paying them peanuts as compensation for their services and not thinking twice about riding high on the players image rights/endorsement YOU NAME IT.

You want Martial?? WE will let you know when you can have Martial. WE will make the call on that the day we decide if he's good enough to play for us or not. It will not be down to your dirty money. €20m, €40m, €300m - it makes no difference. Change the number or block them out. Kane and Dele can go wherever they want, I don't want us to do more business with Spurs. Goodbye.

:dembelelol::levylol::eriksenlol::pochlol::sonpoint::vert::vert::wanyama::sonlol:

Genuinely one of the best posts I've ever read.

Absolute rocket.

Most incredible part about that rant is the assertion that we should have sold Walker for less money to the 2nd largest financial doping club in the world....because it's the polite thing to do?

Haha, fuck off and turn up at kickoff once in a while.:levywtf:

The sheer arrogance of those deluded fans is unbelievable

With the right signings we can comfortably win the league this season.

None of our rivals loook impressive at all.
If we were still at WHL I would think so too.
I just feel this is a different season for us.
We could be a little bit more vulnerable defensively at home.
We will have to adjust probably like play away on bigger spaces.
I doubt if we will smother teams like we did at WHL.
If we play the high line to halfway there are 660 sq yards to defend behind
At WHL there were 610 sq yards.
Still you never know. It works in our favour offensively but not so much defensively. We are blessed with a good back line. The players in front are also a factor in that.
Central midfield is going to be the key and denying them time and options.
Listening to Vertonghen was interesting
I think we will have an easier time v the teams that sat Back at WHL though.

I don't want to come across as doom and gloom, it's just a legitimate worry.
I'm hoping the attacking pros outweigh the defensive cons.

With the right signings we can comfortably win the league this season.

None of our rivals loook impressive at all.

No it doesnt work like that......

They have spent more
They are more ambitious
They have strengthened
We will still have a zero net spend with our signings.
That means we didnt spend.
That means we havent strengthened.
We cannot win the title, remember.
Our rivals are much better than us

Is there anyone in the world of football who likes Levy at all? Selling a guy like Walker (a freaking right back!!!) for a sum making him the most expensive English player is just an acknowledgment on what a dirty pig Levy really is.
Well that's just not kosher.
:ap:

Also:

giphy.gif

Tottenham have also made a £10million bid for Celta Vigo midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop and, should they land both targets, are ready to abandon their pursuit of Everton's Ross Barkley.

The club's coaching staff believe between Diop and Sanchez they would cover the positions Barkley can occupy in midfield.

Interesting......I hope Levy gets them both for the price of Barkley. Show Koeman how smart it is to challenge him in public

No it doesnt work like that......

They have spent more
They are more ambitious
They have strengthened
We will still have a zero net spend with our signings.
That means we didnt spend.
That means we havent strengthened.
We cannot win the title, remember.
Our rivals are much better than us
You are becoming a parody of yourself. You need a break from this forum for your own good.

[/QUOTE]
Lads, it's Utd.

You are becoming a parody of yourself. You need a break from this forum for your own good.

Says you...

"We're shit, Levy's a cunt, look at our rivals, we need to spend big"

Chelsea 2-3 Burnley
Watford 3-3 Liverpool
Woolwich and City in crap performances with rubbish defending

"WE CAN WIN THE LEAGUE, EVERYONES SHIT!!!"

Tottenham have also made a £10million bid for Celta Vigo midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop and, should they land both targets, are ready to abandon their pursuit of Everton's Ross Barkley.

The club's coaching staff believe between Diop and Sanchez they would cover the positions Barkley can occupy in midfield.

Interesting......I hope Levy gets them both for the price of Barkley. Show Koeman how smart it is to challenge him in public

So we've moved on from the French league and are signing no-names from Spain huh?

I kid I kid. Get whoever Poch wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom